OxygenOS Bad experience with OnePlus Recovery (wiped my data without asking)

1. ticpu
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

ticpu , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience with my rooted device. I just installed the new update for OxygenOS, everything went fine and I was happy to see that the OTA was done online on the second partition unlike my OnePlus5. I installed Magisk on the inactive partition and all went well, I rebooted to the new system and was greeted with an update completed successfully message.

All went extremely well and smooth!! Thanks for that.

However, I decided to take a look at my recovery to take a backup, used the power menu to reboot to recovery. As expected, TWRP was gone and it was OnePlus recovery. I don't that, I wanted to go to Fastboot to flash TWRP so I choose "English" then proceed to enter my pattern code then ...

Instead of being greeted by the usual menu to install, wipe or reboot to fastboot/recovery, I see a "Wiping phone please don't reboot." without ever asking or confirming anything. I now have learned my lesson and will get out of OnePlus recovery as soon as I see it, however, I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one getting there.

In conclusion, I'd like to suggest not wiping a user's phone without any confirmation whatsoever. Thank you.

2. Muhsin_Sultan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2019

Muhsin_Sultan , Jul 9, 2019 :
    You could have entered fastboot via the key combination instead of recovery then fastboot. anyway your case could have been an isolated one

3. FARRYCOZ
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2019