Bad experience with OnePlus Tempered glass protector

1. gamerenrique
    Donut Feb 5, 2015

gamerenrique , Feb 5, 2015 :
    I ordered 2 tempered glass screen protectors alone with my two oneplus phones last month.
    First of all, the phones are awesome.
    However, the tempered glass disappointed me A LOT! First, one of the glass I got is DOA. I contacted oneplus support and they gonna send me a new one in couple of weeks. Okay, I thought I could keep living my happy life with the other piece of protector at the moment. BUT, I'm wrong! After using the phone with the clear case and the tempered glass protector for about 3 weeks, the corners of the tempered glass started to crack. It's not really noticeable until one day I saw some small cracked pieces falling out of it. I didn't recall any drop in these three weeks. The tempered glass looks really good when I put it on. Perfect fit for the phone. But if it only last for couple of weeks, then will start cracking. I dont think that worth the $12.99.

PS, any suggestion on screen protectors or cases? no more tempered glass, I'm done with that shit...

2. FoleyRose
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2015

FoleyRose , Feb 5, 2015 :
    I've tried the Nillkin tempered glass and then The Orlzy one and the Orlzy one is miles better. After a small drop my Orlzy is missing a tiny piece on top but not enough to distract me.

siocnarf13 likes this.
  3. gamerenrique
    Donut Feb 5, 2015

Thx, is there any options other than tempered glass?

4. FoleyRose

FoleyRose , Feb 5, 2015 :
    I guess there are also regular film protectors or Rhino glass but that's pretty expensive.

5. gamerenrique
    Donut Feb 5, 2015

if expensive can last longer, I will go for that. 13 bucks for 3 weeks, that's even more expensive.

6. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Feb 5, 2015

gamerenrique likes this.
  7. FoleyRose

gamerenrique likes this.
  8. Enyalius
    Jelly Bean Feb 5, 2015

Enyalius , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Nilkin 9H - saved me a lot of times

9. gamerenrique
    Donut Feb 5, 2015

10. rbendrm
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2015

rbendrm , Feb 5, 2015 :
    @indest Just tell me, how do you replase a tempered glass protector?. Not that I need to know it right now, but in the future I certainly will

11. daddy
    Eclair Feb 5, 2015

daddy , Feb 5, 2015 :
    I never used a tempered glass protector but a regular film and a soft tpu silicon cover for my OPO. A lot of people are using it, so I should buy one....sorry I can't help you ;)

12. J. Mertens
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2015

J. Mertens , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Well, the glass screen protectors are great! I have one from Orzly on my current phone, it´s still as new, no scratches, no cracks and no bubbles or air under the protector!

I highly recommend Orzly :)

gamerenrique likes this.
  13. api182

api182 , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Ultimate Shield does a top notch job here! And it only has the Speaker grille cut out which looks awesome! Perfect fit too!

gamerenrique likes this.
  14. BorgHead
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2015

BorgHead , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Nillkin 9H. Had my phone sitting on a concrete patio and dropped a shovel (accidentaly) on to my phone. Had cracks all through the screen protector. Ordered a new Nillkin and when it arrived, removed the old, cracked (and pitted where it was hit) one. My screen underneath was flawless, no cracks, no chips, no scratches. I find that I have fewer fingerprints and smudges with the Nillkin that the actual screen and it's as respoinsive to my touch.

15. fgrhuhrg

16. Necronaut

17. granttmartin
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015