Bad experience via OnePlus Nord N10 5G

1. L1638351217851 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Jan 25, 2022 :
    First time using OP and got very bad experience. Many issues like freeze and restart..brightness becomes too low suddenly and have to restart to get brightness normal...have to press power button first and then finger print works.
    Also felt that OP oxygen OS still need to work hard to compete other vendors.
    Most important OP not supporting their users even we are facing too much issues.

S1639448232068 and OnePlusAver8t like this.
  2. jpietrzak8 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Jan 25, 2022 :
    To be honest, you should not expect OnePlus to be another Apple or Samsung. :) This is a company offering high-end hardware for hundreds of dollars less than the competitors; they are not going to be able to offer all the bells and whistles that other providers do. (In fact, one of the things I like is that they don't cram their devices with so much additional cruft.)

But yeah, I would like to see a little more emphasis on fixing bugs.

BTW, the power button first, fingerprint reader second thing is not a OnePlus bug, it is an Android feature (and has been since Android 9). The new power management system will put the fingerprint reader to sleep if the phone is idle long enough. You'll see this behavior on all Android phones today, so far as I know.

3. L1638351217851 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Jan 27, 2022 :
    Ok finger print sensor standby is a feature now but what about brightness stops increasing and also mobile gets freeze and then restart mostly when I plug charger. Many people posting these issues but OP not fixing it.

S1639448232068 and S.H.Badhon like this.
  4. jpietrzak8 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Jan 27, 2022 :
    While I myself am seeing no issues with brightness or freezing on my own N10, I agree that it would be nice to see a faster response from OnePlus for folks facing these issues.

But again, the N10 is a budget-level phone from a manufacturer of inexpensive phones. Please do not expect the same level of service you would get if you purchased an exorbitantly priced flagship phone from another company!

One item of note: OnePlus is still coming off the effort to merge its OxygenOS with Oppo's ColorOS. I'm hoping they will have more time to work on bugfixes once that effort stabilizes.

jpietrzak8 likes this.
  6. jpietrzak8 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Jan 27, 2022 :
    Yes! I don't have any details on how long Android waits before putting the sensor to sleep, or what counts as a wakeup event. One of these days I am going to remember to try various actions when the sensor is off, such as moving the phone up and down or flipping it over. This device is crammed with so many dang sensors, it is hard to tell what might cause it to wake up. ;)

7. S1639448232068
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2022

S1639448232068 , Feb 8, 2022 :
    Same problem here. This is really annoying now
    1. Screen goes black when I'm trying to call whether it is a phone call, WhatsApp, or other calls.
    2. Serious problem is I'm not even able to pick up the call most of the time
    3. Also happen when I try to play some audio file on WhatsApp like a voice message.
    4. Screen turns on only after the audio is over or call is ended by itself.
    5. Pressing the power button works weirdly & doesn't help at all.
    Request to the devs please update with the patch soon this is really annoying. This is the basic task that a phone is supposed to do & this is not some cheap phone.

Attached Files:

8. jpietrzak8 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Feb 8, 2022 :
    I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Can I ask if you have taken a look at your proximity sensor? It is located above the N10's screen, to the right of the speaker grille. If it is dirty, or covered by a screen protector or the edge of a case, it might not be functioning properly.

Just a couple more points: for all the features packed into this phone, it is indeed being marketed as a low-end smartphone; you can get three and a third N10s for the price of a single modern flagship phone. Also, this is a community chat site, not a place to find devs. If you really want a developer to look at your issue, you need to file a bug report. You can do that here:

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/