Sound

Bad microphone quality

1. Nineshadow Cupcake Aug 15, 2019 at 2:01 PM

Nineshadow, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:01 PM :
    Hello.

I've been using my OP3 for around 3 years now and I've been more than happy with it. It was and still is an amazing device and I don't see any reason to upgrade (other than maybe battery life). However, over the past month or so, I've been encountering an annoying issue.

Everyone I talked to on the phone has been complaining about the sound quality. They couldn't understand me if I talked too quietly or too fast and they were complaining they could hear their own echo.

I didn't take it too seriously, until I realized EVERYONE I talked to was telling me the same thing. So I did a call test to see for myself how bad the problem could be, and oh boy. The call quality is terrible. You can barely understand anything.

I should mention I'm on OxygenOS 9.0.4.

The microphone doesn't sound bad just during phone calls, but also in other recording software.

I'm not sure if it's a software or hardware issue.

Thanks!

2. Renita D'souza Cupcake Aug 15, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Renita D'souza, Aug 15, 2019 at 3:24 PM :
    Facing similar issue. Infact the volume of the person speaking on the other end is too low.. I can barely hear.. I have to use earphones or put the call on loudspeaker... I have been using one plus 3 since 3years...

3. Nineshadow Cupcake Aug 15, 2019 at 5:38 PM

Nineshadow, Aug 15, 2019 at 5:38 PM :
    For me the person on the other end can barely hear me. I can hear them just fine.