Bad quality Phone covers given with the phone via OnePlus 7

1. G_hardworkbeats_naturalt , via OnePlus 7 , May 15, 2020 :
    The transparent phone covers which were provided free of cost in the box with one plus 7 and 7t(my brother owns one plus 7t) covers provided with both of these phones are of poor quality as I have been using these as my regular phone covers it has deteorated my phone's paint and caused serious issues to it top of my phone where the speakers are situated just above it my whole phone's paint has been removed and I has many white spots and further use will just worsen it.
    I would like the production team to please take proper note of it and would like everyone to not use the provided free covers.
    I am very upset with the whole one plus team it's been just few months and I have an old looking phone just because of this small mistake. if I was told not to use it before I would have shifted to a better quality cover.[e]1f614[/e][e]1f61e[/e]☹️.
    very sad with this one plus
    1589560773359.jpg

2. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 15, 2020

Batman360 , May 15, 2020 :
    It has nothing to do with the cover. The dust between the cover and phone creates friction and the part of device from which the color scratched off is made of metal and because of the friction caused between the metal and the dust, the paint came off. I suggest you to laminate your device from the back and the sides or else apply a skin.

Artemus., B_Wrath and femiuex like this.
  3. G_hardworkbeats_naturalt , via OnePlus 7 , May 15, 2020 :
    Yaa, but this is a design flaw that should have come to mind of an expert while creating the cover. Ofcourse the cover cannot provide full guaranteed coverage from dust but creating a cover which has a rough surface on the inside is not a viable option.
    also it defines about the quality of paint used on our devices. no one but one plus is responsible for this.

TalGloz likes this.
  4. femiuex
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2020

femiuex , via OnePlus 7 , May 15, 2020 :
    I think all phone cases have dust issues. It would be beneficial to clean the insides of the phone cases (and the phone itself) once in a while.
    Most people just fit them on and don't take their cases off for a long time.

I applied a transparent skin and then put a case on.
    Reading some horror stories of users who had issues with scratches on their phones after using cases (premium after market cases).

Its not the case that's the issue here, it's the grit and dust trapped in between your phone case and your phone.

No matter which case you use.

5. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean May 16, 2020

harshil1903 , via OnePlus 7T , May 16, 2020 :
    The TPU cover provided out of the box is created by no expert. It's the most basic type of cover you'll find.

Batman360 and Artemus. like this.
  6. G_hardworkbeats_naturalt , via OnePlus 7 , May 16, 2020 :
    hey,
    I just want to say that the cover has a uneven dotty surface on the inside so cleaning it doesn't make that much of a difference as the dotty design itself provides resistance. so when the dust traps there it provides extra resistance so all I am saying is not to make such cases.
    like now my phone looks scratchy everywhere.

femiuex likes this.
  7. G_hardworkbeats_naturalt , via OnePlus 7 , May 16, 2020 :
    The cover has an inside design which is dotty and cleaning it regularly doesn't have that much difference as the body rubs with the dotty surface as it is.
    Ofcourse a product sent by one plus is designed by an expert we can't just say that they are basic. if they provided it inside the box they would have kept it in their mind and hired an expert to design it.

8. G_hardworkbeats_naturalt , via OnePlus 7 , May 16, 2020 :
    hey,
    I just want to say that the cover has a uneven dotty surface on the inside so cleaning it doesn't make that much of a difference as the dotty design itself provides resistance. so when the dust traps there it provides extra resistance so all I am saying is not to make such cases.
    like now my phone looks scratchy everywhere.

9. femiuex
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2020

femiuex , via OnePlus 7 , May 16, 2020 :
    Yes, it does. The supplied transparent case does have the small, dotty patterns inside the case and it definitely can damage the glass back of phones.

Good point.

10. femiuex
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2020

femiuex , via OnePlus 7 , May 16, 2020 :
    But the dotted patterns of the case are not present on the lip part of the case though. So that's what my earliest response to your thread was about.

Your picture shows scratched bezels.

Last edited: May 16, 2020

11. G_hardworkbeats_naturalt , via OnePlus 7 , May 16, 2020 :
    My case have the dotted pattern there too.
    No exception anywhere. and that's why I am complaining if they wanted they should have made the outer par of the cover dotted for grip. not the inside of it.
    As much as they care about delivering phone they should also look for the maintenance of the same.

femiuex likes this.
  12. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 17, 2020

DrAakash , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 17, 2020 :
    I use the same case. I clean it every 3-4 days, and since the pandemic hit, daily. I have no scratches on my phone.. your scratches are caused by dust trapped between the case and the phone, and not by the case itself.
    All cases trap dust, you can't do anything about it, just clean it regularly.

Sheppards likes this.
  13. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 17, 2020

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , May 17, 2020 :
    that's why you keep your phone clean. I've been using the transparent and red cases, cleaned the phone every few days, no problems.

that can also be some heavy duty sand too, not just dust if I reckon

Bouncer71 and DrAakash like this.
  14. G_hardworkbeats_naturalt , via OnePlus 7 , May 23, 2020 :
    🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😑🙄