Bamboo Style Swap/Orzly Fusion Bumper Case Review

1. makimaki25
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2015

makimaki25 , Feb 16, 2015 :
    image.jpg

Hey Guys,

I recently received an invite for a bamboo back and...although I didn't want to pay the price, I just couldn't let this chance go by.

I bought my bamboo back cover from Oneplus and would like to share the costs, quality, and the Orzly case I bought for it.

So...the approx costs for Canada:
    50 USD
    Express Shipping: approx $21
    Standard Shipping: approx $35
    I decided with express shipping as for some reason it was cheaper then standard shipping...
    So the price was already at about 71 USD then convert that to CAD and becomes a shocking price at around 91 CAD :(

Here is where it goes a bit crazier...because it was express shipping and DHL was the one who was shipping it so as expected, I paid for the duty fees which was 18.76 (T.T)

Overall the costs for this bamboo was over $100 but it arrived in 2 days after I was told it shipped.

image.jpg

Now for the quality which is pretty nice, the feel of the bamboo is just amazing as it adds to the nice factor of the phone which was already pretty nice. I just didn't like the plastic sides as that seemed a bit cheap, or if they changed the buttons to match that light tan brown colour that'd be nice.

And that is why I got the Orzly Fusion Bumper Case:
    image.jpg

Bought this off of amazon.ca for 7.99 CAD with the Amazon prime trial so got free shipping :)

The bumper case is nice, BUT if you do consider buying one be aware that the plastic back will be scratched easily or may already be scratched the moment you take it out of the box. People already wrote reviews about this so as expected mine came with a scratch already but....I don't care :p

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

The case fits fairly well and has a little lip so the screen is not touching the surface, although the bamboo is causing the case to give a slight stretch as the bamboo is thicker then the sand cover. I had a diztronic case but who would want to cover such a beautiful back?

Bamboo Style Swap:

Pros:
    That bamboo feel
    Fast express shipping
    Pleasing looks

Cons:
    The price...
    The plastic sides seem cheap and maybe colour matching buttons will look better?

Orzly Fusion Bumper Case:

Pros:
    Cheap price on Amazon
    Clear plastic back let's the bamboo shine
    Looks pretty nice
    Has a lip all around phone
    It fits

Cons:
    Plastic back scratches easily
    The back may already be scratched when you get the case
    Questionable quality.....???

So do I regret buying this? At first a little, but after looking at it and being able to see this everyday it ain't so bad...I rather like it a lot.

Thanks for reading guys...although it was more of picture sharing then actual writing.

Update 1: orzly case was $7.99 when I bought it but now is $8.99

Update 2: So my phone just accidentally fell off the desk and hit the ground face down. First fall with this case and it was fine :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015

A.S, pelijaw, SpicyMan and 14 others like this.
  2. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Feb 16, 2015

SpicyMan, gmanphx and makimaki25 like this.
  3. Schlumi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 16, 2015

makimaki25 likes this.
  4. Bassilk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 16, 2015

makimaki25 likes this.
  5. makimaki25
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2015

Ceasedd likes this.
  6. BobZR
    Eclair Feb 23, 2015

BobZR , Feb 23, 2015 :
    Thanks for the review @makimaki25. I was planning to buy bamboo styleswap and was wondering what case would fit it because I don't want the bamboo to get scratches and stains. I was informed that the bamboo styleswap is a little bit thicker than sandstone black. Decided to go with Orzly fusion bumper with the bamboo :D

Ceasedd and makimaki25 like this.
  7. PuresGift
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2015

PuresGift , Feb 23, 2015 :
    You said it yourself. Isn't that a paradoxon to use a case with this beautifull bamboo back?
    For me, I don't use cases anymore and people everywhere are talking about OP beauty :D

But overall, nice review. If I would choose a case, I think I would choose this one.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015

8. makimaki25
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2015

makimaki25 , Feb 24, 2015 :
    Haha, I'd like to keep the bamboo looking good as long as possible. As long as I can see the bamboo it's all good :)

9. mgdavis
    Honeycomb Feb 24, 2015

mgdavis , Feb 24, 2015 :
    I dont like the idea of covering the bamboo. For me, its as much about the tactile feel of the natural material as much as it is the look. For that reason, I went with an aluminum bumper case that leaves the back open.

[​IMG]

B-Rad and makimaki25 like this.
  10. makimaki25
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2015

makimaki25 , Feb 24, 2015 :
    Does it fit well?? Lol I'll occasionally take off the case just to feel the wood, maybe I'll get a bumper too just to have some change once in a while :p

william-bailey and Ceasedd like this.
  11. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Feb 24, 2015

Ceasedd , Feb 24, 2015 :
    Good review thank you .

makimaki25 likes this.
  12. mgdavis
    Honeycomb Feb 24, 2015

mgdavis , Feb 24, 2015 :
    It fits perfectly.

makimaki25 likes this.
  13. djlyx3
    Donut Feb 24, 2015

14. makimaki25
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2015

15. Reus
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2015

Tyronewong and makimaki25 like this.
  16. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 24, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 24, 2015 :
    My brother has this bumper for his OPO and I just got my bamboo back in last night. I'll just borrow his bumper bc this looks good as hell!

17. chnip
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2015

makimaki25 likes this.
  18. makimaki25
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2015

19. makimaki25
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2015

Nevabackdown likes this.
  20. gmanphx
    Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2015

gmanphx , Feb 25, 2015 :
    Do you happen to have a front shot you could share? I'd like to see how well the raised touchscreen is protected around the edges. It looks damn nice.