Bamboo StyleSwap Cover Review!

?

If the bamboo covers were available without an invite, would you buy one?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Yes, if it were also less expensive

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. AcFreeman
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

AcFreeman , Feb 13, 2015 :
    I just wrote a short review of my time with the OnePlus One bamboo cover, which you can find here. I took a few cool-looking pictures of it as well, which I've attached. Comment with your opinions on this whole StyleSwap program cancellation, and answer the poll!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

rmalko and Lunatasian like this.
  2. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 13, 2015

rmalko, basrone, troia and 1 other person like this.
  3. Zachsaxe
    Lollipop Feb 13, 2015

4. Toulouse
    KitKat Feb 13, 2015

Toulouse , Feb 13, 2015 :
    it's so ******* sweet with the titanium sticker on the camera, and very nice looking bamboo, you're lucky ;)

5. sulmoto
    Froyo Feb 13, 2015

6. venturizhou
    Honeycomb Feb 13, 2015

venturizhou , Feb 13, 2015 :
    I personally think the Bamboo swapstyle feels super cheap, the sandstone black felt more premium. My Bamboo cover essentially just feels like it was made of polycarbonate, I don't get the hype at all.

7. JohnnyB
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 13, 2015

JohnnyB , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Little sidenote: Those pictures are absolutely awesome O.O

I like my Bamboo back cover a lot, yet can't really tell why. Oneplus produces pretty well-made covers and I hope they will find another mechanism to replace and another more efficient way to produce some more for the next Phone :)

8. troia
    Gingerbread Feb 13, 2015

9. basrone
    Jelly Bean Feb 13, 2015

basrone , Feb 13, 2015 :
    I like this as well. I will say that I was greatly disappointed that the sides were plastic and not Bamboo like the back. Perhaps I am just being picky.
    I'll additionally say this...it's nice, it's not a price issue, I have one installed on my OPO and one in a box that is brand new.....with this being said, if I had to do it over again, I don't think that I would.

10. Lunatasian
    KitKat Feb 13, 2015

Lunatasian , Feb 13, 2015 :
    I love how that looks, but I can't dish out 50+ bucks on a cover for my phone yet :(

BTW, nice photos! It must have taken a lot of courage to put your OPO face-down on those pebbles. I winced just seeing it, haha. Hope there aren't any scratches.

11. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 13, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Bamboo is a fragile material since its grass and not wood. It only makes sense to have a bamboo veneer over plastic (for durability). If it were a solid piece of bamboo milled into a back, it would break quite easily. I'm happy with it.

basrone likes this.
  12. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Feb 13, 2015

DaxNagtegaal , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Nice review and very nice pictures.

About the creaking sound towards the bottom, try giving the cover a good hard (but still subtle and careful) push towards the camera, so hold the phone screen down and camera module away from you, and push on the bottom of the phone by the usb port while also pushing on the back, towards the battery.

That stopped my creaking, I heard a final soft click when I did it which leads me to believe one of the clips weren't fully pushed in.

13. AcFreeman
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

Thanks! I made sure to be very careful when setting it down haha. And I have a screen protector too, so it's not a huge deal.

Lunatasian likes this.
  14. AcFreeman
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

I tried that a few times today and it didn't work, unfortunately