Basic Android Troubleshooting, (battery life, heating)

?

Was this thread helpful?

1. Yes!

75.9%
  2. No! (Please state your problem in this thread)

13.8%
  3. It's complicated (explain below)

10.3%
  1. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jun 22, 2020

fragargon , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Hi Mr BG,
    This is good thread, simple and good advice.

I can't barely says more than you did.
    Perhaps some usefull armless apps check real time GPS GPS TEST and check HW device (usefull to check sensors) DevCheck

Greets ;)

Mr. BG likes this.
  2. jontalk
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2020

jontalk , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Ever since the release of 9.0.9 for the 5/5T, I've had difficulty getting the auto-connect/Smart WiFi feature to work consistently. I clear the system cache regularly and after 9.0.11 was installed, it rarely works at all. While minor, its annoying since it was flawless prior to the update. I have no problem connecting with WiFi manually so do you think using the WiFi methods would help? Unfortunately the Fix It app says its incompatible with my 5T though.

In addition, the releases caused the Default sound to override the SMS selection, though once I reply to a text, the correct sound functions. Another minor, but annoying bug.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020

3. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jun 22, 2020

Mr. BG , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Looks like corrupted settings to me, so yes, do wipe network settings, shut down your phone after that, also shut down your router, wait 5 minutes, restart the router and after it runs properly restart your phone, then enter settings again.

Please let me know if that worked for you.

Good luck!

4. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jun 22, 2020

Mr. BG , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Thanks, I may add some testing apps (if I can find the time that is)

5. jontalk
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2020

jontalk , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Thanks..never having wiped network settings, do I assume I go to Settings>System>Reset options and select reset Wifi, mobile, bluetooth? As I said, the phone will connect instantly to the saved WiFi network but hesitates to do it automatically. Thanks again

6. jontalk
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2020

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 23, 2020 :
    If you don't mind me asking, why would resetting the router and phone change anything when I have no problem at all connecting to the network manually? Just curious. Thanks

7. jontalk
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2020

jontalk , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Went ahead and reset, powered off the phone and router and rebooted. Unfortunately nothing seems to have changed.

8. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2020

Mr. BG , Jun 23, 2020 :
    I think we'll have to call it a feature then...

9. jontalk
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2020

jontalk , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Whatever that means :) Seems clear its some sort of bug associated with the string of updates that began with 9.0.9. Lots of people that updated to 10.0.0 are suffering with severe WiFi problems, though this is minor in comparison

10. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2020

Mr. BG , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Well, it's sort of an old software developer joke.

If things do not work as intended you can try to fix it, or you just claim it's meant to be like that, even if it isn't.

jontalk likes this.
  11. jontalk
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2020

jontalk , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Being stuck at home, my initial test after resetting was walking down the street. Today I ran some errands and when I returned home, as soon as I unlocked the phone, it logged into the WiFi network. So its possible your solution worked though further testing will be needed. Just wanted to let you know :) Meanwhile OP has pulled the 10.0.0 update as they work on a more stable version. Hopefully beta testing will be more thorough than the previous build.

Mr. BG likes this.
  12. jontalk
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2020

jontalk , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Looks like I spoke to soon :( Went out again and when I returned, the phone would not automatically log into the network; it does connect manually however. Obviously a bug in the updates as originally thought. Oh well.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020

13. Joffy_Jose
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2020

Mr. BG likes this.
  14. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 18, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Thank you, it's quite old, I might need to freshen it up a bit.

Joffy_Jose likes this.
  15. Joffy_Jose
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2020

kakka kutty and Mr. BG like this.
  16. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 17, 2020

Mr. BG , Aug 17, 2020 :
    I have added a paragraph for battery optimising, enjoy ;)

Joffy_Jose likes this.
  17. adn356
    Froyo Sep 19, 2020

adn356 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 19, 2020 :
    No offense. But I dint buy the phone spending alot of money to turn off all the features,with no haptic feedbacks, no high refresh rate , turn off the notifications and run the phone in the battery saver mode.

I spent the money so that I can experience a premium level of product. You're asking to tone it all down.

18. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Sep 19, 2020

Mr. BG , Sep 19, 2020 :
    It occurs to me that people starting their sentence with "No offense" usually get offensive right away. This is free advice, given by a fellow community member.

I'm not asking anything from you. You can just take it, or leave it.

If you don't like it you are free to ignore it, but please, do not tell me about how much of your hard earned money you spent, how disappointed you are, that you want the issue solved immediately and no shitty advice from me or you'll never buy a device from that company again.

Because I could not care less you see.

Do go and complain to customer support, they get paid to take customers shite. I am just here to help people who appreciate the suggestions. I'm not here to to take crap from entitled masses from a country that have elevated complaining to a form of Art. As you so eloquently show in at least 70% of your postings.

Have a Nice Day, Sir.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020

Artemus., theshinybeast and B_Wrath like this.
  19. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Sep 20, 2020

theshinybeast , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Is this accurate? How accurate is it? Give or take a percentage point?
    Thanks in advance
    Have a nice day, Sir/Madam:rolleyes:

Artemus. and Mr. BG like this.
  20. adn356
    Froyo Sep 20, 2020

adn356 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 20, 2020 :
    On the contrary, I'm someone who loves the op brand so much and have recommended the brand and the device to many and ended up making them buy this. Unlike the other fellows who complain, I have actually tried those things you've mentioned, just like many other people have given some helpful tips.

I was just not satisfied with turning off most of the features to get the better running for a day. You're tips might help alot of people here. But there are people who might not be happy with their settings toned down.

It only feels offensive to you because you've taken it in such a way. No hard feelings brother.