Battery : Can someone help me understand this maths

1. F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2017

F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt , Jan 16, 2017 :
    1484547651580.jpg

1484547651682.jpg
    If we add the total battery consumption by all the apps/services(total battery consumption) + total battery remaining, then should it not produce the figure of 100% ??

Check Screenshots, it is not adding up to 100...

2. F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2017

F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI , Jan 16, 2017 :
    Lol no. it's telling you how much of your battery has been used percentage wise based on your remaining percentage. if it added up to 100% your battery would be dead.

Ceasedd, Sam Leyn and gregb like this.
  3. F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI

4. F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI

F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt and Aaahh like this.
  5. user 7

user 7 , Jan 16, 2017 :
    Nope.. Android system used 7% means that it has used 7% of the 43% charge burned by your phone. It won't add up to 100 till you use your device from 100 % all the way to 0%

6. F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2017

Mate, could you please elucidate on this battery usage listing mechanism.

Furthermore if android can show the battery usage to even 1% by some apps, then why can it not show for the remaining ~10%.
    What could be the reason for keeping it undercover :p

7. F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI

Because the system will never be able to account for things like temperature where you're using the device, temperature of the battery itself etc. There are variables that are just not quantifiable to an accurate enough degree to display properly enough. as in if you play a game it will use more memory and processing power which is listed in the percentage you see but the actual temperature of your device matters for battery life. For example think of if you're stating your car in below freezing temperatures. it's rated to churn out a certain voltage at certain temps. same goes for phone batteries but it's more heat based. The warmer your device gets based on usage (games, multiple apps open at the same time etc) the more adversely it effects your battery. So.. if you want better battery life use aggressive doze (the device will auto doze apps when asleep) and use auto close high power usage apps (pretty self explanatory). You will see the percentage of the battery used by the app itself (only based off system usage etc, will not show other variables on the battery such as things I've listed.). does that make sense?

wenna, F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt and Ceasedd like this.
  8. F_Christy_Cox_eQiU
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2017

F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI likes this.
  9. F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2017

Thanks for enlightening mate.
    Makes sense. (y)

10. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Jan 16, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Jan 16, 2017 :
    If you notice the stats, the percentage does not show decimal. I think there are many more apps which consumes battery like 0.75% or 0.5% but is not shown in the list. This difference is present in other android devices also. I have noticed it in Note 4, galaxy S4, OP1 and OP3T

F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt likes this.
  11. F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI

12. Revenge81
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2017

Revenge81 , Jan 16, 2017 :
    think also that some processes are shared with android system, so you don't see that app in the consumption chart but you will see the growth of android os percentage

13. F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2017

I was thinking why android could not Club all these apps under 1 header. It's a possible thing and would help user to understand battery usage.

14. F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI

When it comes to what I listed no it isn't an easy thing bc it is entirely based on usage on a per user basis. not all phones behave the same. not all batteries have the same capacity (even though the manufacturer uses the same size battery in each phone).