Battery/Charging

Battery completely drained OnePlus3

1. Antok Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Antok, Jun 18, 2019 :
    I have never had any issues with my OnePlus before this. Bought from OnePlus on Jun 17, 2016.

My OnePlus 3 updated to android 9.0.3 on Friday the 14th of June.
    It seemed to operate normally over the weekend.

On the morning of Monday the 17th of June I woke up to the phone being off and when I pressed the power button I got a message that the battery was too low and that it had to be charged for a while before turning it on.
    (battery_warning_photo.jpg)

I charged the phone and during the day it operated normally.
    This morning June 18th the phone was completely dead and pressing the power button did nothing. I plugged it into the charge and even after an hour still nothing happened.

About 3 hours later I pressed the power button again and I got the message saying that the battery was too low again so I plugged it in again but it seemed to be charging very slowly now.

As you can see in the screen shot even after about 15mins of being plugged in it still said 0% battery.
    (11_43am_June_18th.jpg)

You can also see the screen shots of the phone at 87% at 11:35pm on June 17th (11_35pm_June_17.jpg) also notice that I have enabled the battery saver and airplane mode, i do this every night, and then when I finally got it to come back on you can see the battery usage page where it shows the battery going from about 90% to 0% but with no actual usage in between.
    (battery_usage_overnight.jpg)

This issue is making the phone basically useless as it can't be trusted to stay on over night, whatever is happening with it

UPDATE (19th June): My phone, so far, has acted normally with regards to the battery lasting all night, it was at 91% at 11:30pm last night and is at 82% this morning at 8:23am. It does not have a SIM card in it and the WiFi was turned off but this time I did not enable the Battery Saver mode. I would now be a bit suspicious of a bug in the Battery Saver mode actually causing the issue somehow.

UPDATE (20th June): My phone has acted normally the last couple of days that I have not enabled the battery saver mode so i could be possible that the Android 9.0.3 update has messed something up with the battery saver. I might try testing it again in a few days, it almost bricked my phone the last time so I'm not in a rush to do that again.

UPDATE (24th June): Last night at about 11:30 the phone was at about 90% battery and this morning it is completely dead again and will not respond at all. The phone was only in airplane mode the battery saver was not on this time so the battery saver does not seem to cause the issue after all. I'm hoping the phone will work again in a few hours like it did on on the 18th.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019

2. nin8609 Donut Jun 18, 2019

nin8609, Jun 18, 2019 :
    Hello, I am a Oneplus 3T user from Mumbai, India. After updating the Oneplus 3T for android Pie the battery starts functioning pathetically bad. the battery drains very fast. without any activity, the screen is turned off and no apps running in the background the battery drained from 15% to 11% in just 4 minutes. with very less activity of opening two apps only one being Whatsapp and google chrome the battery drained from 72% to 50% in just less than 25 minutes. when battery information displayed by the phone than it showed maximum battery consumed in face detection. after disabling face detection mode, no improvement seen in the performance of the battery. kindly resolve the issue at the earliest.

3. nin8609 Donut Jun 18, 2019

nin8609, Jun 18, 2019 :
    Similar issue with my device. Team Oneplus please fix this

4. Søren_Bech_Christensen Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Søren_Bech_Christensen, Jun 18, 2019 :
    After the June 16th update to OxygenOS 9.0.3 my OnePlus 3 drains the battery completely in about 10 hours of none to moderate use. Before the update it could run for 48 hours.
    In battery consumption the different apps listed only sum up to approx. 30% - where are the last 70% spent?
    I know your standard phrase about battery life is dependant on usage and blah-blah, but believe you me - my usage pattern haven't changed THAT much.
    Impatiently waiting for a fix.

5. F_Giovanni_Giaccaglia_uP Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

F_Giovanni_Giaccaglia_uP, Jun 18, 2019 :
    I have the same problem, at 01.00 of sunday night my battery was at 50% at 9.00 of monday mornig my phone is dead with 0% of charge. After this fact i notice that battery durability is very worst, please fix this.

6. Antok Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

Antok, Jul 1, 2019 :
    I contacted support directly about this issue and it may be something got to do with how the battery saver has learned what to do in the previous version of android may cause some issues in the new version so performing a factory reset seems to have helped in my case, I haven't had any weird battery issues since doing it about 5 days ago now.