battery drain after 4.1.3 update

1. peaky blinders
    Jelly Bean Apr 14, 2017

peaky blinders , Apr 14, 2017 :
    Don't listen to me your on 4.1.3 haha. I would either see how it goes for a couple of days as may settle down or wipe your phone and start again as it's a great phone best I've owned to be honest. If after this still the same get in exchanged.

I got mine direct from OP though not o2.

2. peaky blinders
    Jelly Bean Apr 14, 2017

My battery was showing around 9 hours running 4.1.1 but since updating to 4.1.3 is now showing 18 hours with 64% battery left so i would say yes it's definitely improved

3. peaky blinders
    Jelly Bean Apr 14, 2017

4. F_Vivek_Agrawal_qvDt
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2017

F_Vivek_Agrawal_qvDt , Apr 14, 2017 :
    after naugat update I face so many problems like
    1. screen capture issue
    2. heating problem
    3. battery drain problem
    4. same contacts showing multiple names
    5. dial hang problem etc.
    yesterday I just update 4.1.3 . lil bit problems solved but still facing issue with op3 so decided to format and I was format it yesterday night. after formatting my op3 working fine. no heating problem nor battery drain issue. so suggest you to format your op3 and check result. for me it's working

abelvarela and zagonielod like this.
  5. peaky blinders
    Jelly Bean Apr 14, 2017

With my battery stats changing again i guess it could just be because it's an update and the system has got to get use to what's running etc. Mine shows a crappy 4 hours left with 85% left so I'm thinking it should sort itself out in a couple of days after full charges

6. G_Anand_Pandey_GIUQ
    Donut Apr 14, 2017

G_Anand_Pandey_GIUQ , Apr 14, 2017 :
    I am runing on 4.1.1 and getting insane battery life ...i cant believe this kind of battery life on my one plus 3t ...earlier i was getting max. 5.30 mins SOT but then i stoped clearing my cache in recovery mode even i did not clear normal cache memory of apps earlier it was my habbit to clear cache atleast two times in a day but then i stoped it and magic happend...But yes there is little bit heating issue...Guys u can try this Dont clear cache memory and dont clear back ground process as it will consume lots of battery because OS has to collect and built cache again so it will need more power . ITS MY EXPERIENCE SO JUST WANTED TO SHARE IT HOPE IT WILL HELP...BY THE WAY I AM USING DARK THEAME AND AGGRESSIVE MODE IS OFF.

7. G_Anand_Pandey_GIUQ
    Donut Apr 14, 2017

8. abhinavw14
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2017

9. rishabhr3
    Froyo Apr 14, 2017

abhinavw14 likes this.
  10. Nefando
    Eclair Apr 14, 2017

Nefando , Apr 14, 2017 :
    I haven't this problem, never. I updated by VPN everytime and my battery work fine. Never cleaned cache etc... I use darktheme only and 4g, no GPS , no bluetooth and sometimes WiFi. Never settle...

11. onkarr
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2017

onkarr , Apr 14, 2017 :
    I got a mail from OnePlus Bug Hunters.

Hi there,

This is from OnePlus Bug Hunters. Thank you for your feedback and we're quite concerned about it. (https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/battery-drain-after-4-1-3-update.521735/) If this issue persists, would you love to provide the log and battery usage screenshots for us? You can do it as follow steps:

1. Go to phone dialer app and dial *#800#
    2. Select the first option which says “oneplus Logkit”, delete history log
    3. Click "advanced", choose "save log type", select all these options (Kernel, Main, System, Radio, Event, Tcpdump), then click OK
    4. Click “save log”, when it informs you whether to reboot, please reboot if the issue reoccurs easily, otherwise, click “cancel”
    5. When battery drains under noraml usage, go to settings-battery, and take a screenshot of the battery consuming situation
    6. Then input *#800# again, enter oneplus Logkit, choose “other log info”, click “get top info”, “battery history” every several minutes and “get bugreport info” once
    7. After you get it, enter “oneplus Logkit”, choose save log again to stop it.
    Finally, enter files>internal storage>oem_log, find the folder, zip it and send it to us along with the screenshot about battery consumption happening time and issue link or description to bughunters@oneplus.net.

If battery drains most under normal use, please capture the log when you use normally. If it drains under long time standby, please start it before you go to sleep and finish when you wake up. It’s better to do it when battery is below 50%.
    After you share us the logs, please delete the file from your phone or it will occupy a lot of storage.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

12. Rumpelstilzchen77
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2017

Rumpelstilzchen77 , Apr 14, 2017 :
    I was fully satisfied with battery life before 4.1.3 and am
    1492155545941.jpg
    now. Screenshot taken just 2 minutes ago, reflecting 2 days more on battery on my A3003 OnePlus 3T

13. darius1988
    KitKat Apr 14, 2017

darius1988 , Apr 14, 2017 :
    In 2 days You had charged 6 times the phone , I now we can use Dash charge but It seems a litle abusing. Just clear the caché from settings , wipped caché from recovery, than keep the phone beetwen 5-100% few days. The update was release yesterday , give time to your phone to got set.

14. EthanITA
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2017

EthanITA , Apr 14, 2017 :
    This 21% is the sum of Android System in 2 days.
    Anyway do you put in Airplane mode during the night? It can be caused by WiFi or by the signal.
    If you are facing overheating and/or battery draining normally reboot solves the problem. But if the problem persists try factory reset, it's an easy way to resolve most of common problems after updating the ROM.

15. Mallikarjun Sarur
    Froyo Apr 14, 2017

Mallikarjun Sarur , Apr 14, 2017 :
    format means.. Factory Reset..?

16. ExtremeNuker
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2017

ExtremeNuker , Apr 14, 2017 :
    The f**k the Update is just yesterday out and then you talk about battery drain? Let the update settle for a week and then everything is in normal condition. Don't charge your phone all the way up to 100% let it between 20-80%.

alexbitos likes this.
  17. zeetheali
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2017

Rumpelstilzchen77 likes this.
  18. Harmeetarora
    Eclair Apr 14, 2017

Harmeetarora , Apr 14, 2017 :
    facing battery drain issues..on other hand it shows 10hrs left but suddenly start quick drain even surfing apps for few mins..

19. anshul45
    Froyo Apr 14, 2017

anshul45 , Apr 14, 2017 :
    1492160689540.jpg
    same here battery drain issues..
    on 85% it showed 15 hrs
    on 84% it showed 14 hrs
    and now 82% shows 8 hrs..

20. SadButTrue
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 14, 2017

SadButTrue , Apr 14, 2017 :
    Really? i mean are u serious?

have you ever thinked about it BEFORE you have posted this?