Battery/Charging Battery drain in idle after upgrade to 3.5.4

1. mishbah.islam
    Donut Dec 21, 2016

mishbah.islam , Dec 21, 2016 :
    Hi Guys,

I have been using my oneplus 3t for about a week now and i love it but one thing i hate is the battery drain associated with the phone, I am using the cyanogen 3.5.4 and see other people are struggling too with idle/overnight drain i hate charging my phone overnight too. In the screenshots attached you can see the drain and the main cause of the drain is the Android OS (kernel) which can use upto 60% of app usage according to Gsam battery monitor. Does anyone have any tips to solve this annoying problem?

Attached Files:

Suman Saurabh and Sassanix like this.
  2. Baxxcipo
    Eclair Dec 21, 2016

Greco Giuseppe likes this.
  3. Sassanix
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2016

Sassanix , Dec 21, 2016 :
    Same issue here after the update, was getting 7 SOT at least with my usage and now it seems that at idle it's consuming a lot of battery even though there's nothing running in the background, now I get 5 hours SOT

mishbah.islam likes this.
  4. mishbah.islam
    Donut Dec 21, 2016

5. Suman Saurabh
    Donut Dec 21, 2016

Suman Saurabh , Dec 21, 2016 :
    Having felt same after the 3.5.4 Update there is a larger battery drain and i have to charge it more frequently, As everyone indicated its android kernel which is daraining more, I have done a hard reset as well after the update , Issue remains as it is...

6. The_Rock90
    Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2016

The_Rock90 , Dec 22, 2016 :
    you are on cyanogenmod 3.5.4? confused a bit. cyanogen has already released nougat for the same.

7. mishbah.islam
    Donut Dec 22, 2016

mishbah.islam , Dec 22, 2016 :
    I meant oxygen OS

The_Rock90 likes this.
  8. Bejoyk
    Gingerbread Dec 22, 2016

Bejoyk , Dec 22, 2016 :
    Same here.... Before the update battery charge stayed longer... Now it also heat little while using phone... Hope next update fixes it

9. tonio155
    Cupcake Dec 22, 2016

tonio155 , Dec 22, 2016 :
    I'm not sure if can be helpful but I'll describe my findings.

I was having battery drain every time I installed a system update. For this reason, two days ago, I factory reset the phone and during the first charge, the phone was perfect. I did 5 hours of Screen Time and lasted me 2 days and a half.

Yesterday I charged the phone at 100% and today I'm experiencing battery drain. Both Android System stats are over my Screen consumption.

I hope they will fix the problem with the Nugat update

mishbah.islam and Suman Saurabh like this.
  10. mishbah.islam
    Donut Dec 22, 2016

mishbah.islam , Dec 22, 2016 :
    This is exactly what happened to me it lasted two days before it went back to draining battery

11. The_Rock90
    Jelly Bean Dec 23, 2016

The_Rock90 , Dec 23, 2016 :
    i guess only android system usage is shown over and above everything but i didn't experience any battery drain. i got only 1% drop the whole night time 6 hrs

12. Sassanix
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2016

Sassanix , Dec 23, 2016 :
    Anyone been able to figure out why this is happening after the latest update?

13. DJDavid98
    Donut Dec 24, 2016

DJDavid98 , Dec 24, 2016 :
    I actually pointed another phone's camera at my 3T to take a photo and I noticed the proximity sensor constantly flashing on the other phone's camera, so I turned off settings related to wave to wake and other things that might be related to running sensors in the background full-time, such as "Ok Google" and flip to mute. This helped reduce battery drain to some extent.