Battery drain issue in Oxygen 4.5.8

1. KoolSIM
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2017

KoolSIM , Aug 5, 2017 :
    Pardon my ignorance here, but are Wipe Data and Cache and Wipe Cache two separate processes (steps 4 and 5)? What happens if you Wipe Data?

2. G_Mateo_DxQd
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2017

G_Mateo_DxQd , Aug 5, 2017 :
    How did you get Oxygen OS 4.5.8? Or is it a typo? And I don't have any issues with the battery

3. RimaAgarwal
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2017

RimaAgarwal , Aug 5, 2017 :
    hey, even I'm facing the same issue. The battery drains too quickly. Even though it is 25% charged it switched off. All the things/tricks listed aren't really helping

4. Uncle timmy
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2017

Uncle timmy , Aug 5, 2017 :
    They are separate processes. If you wipe data and cache it will wipe all the data from your phone, pictures, sms, etc.

5. KoolSIM
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2017

KoolSIM , Aug 5, 2017 :
    Okay. So we just need to Wipe Cache. And not Wipe Data too as illustrated in step 4 by vinay?

6. Vijay_Narasimha
    Eclair Aug 5, 2017

7. Uncle timmy
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2017

Uncle timmy , Aug 5, 2017 :
    Correct. Just the cache.

8. Vijay_Narasimha
    Eclair Aug 5, 2017

Vijay_Narasimha , Aug 5, 2017 :
    He didn't instruct clearing the data. Those are the menu options as they appear.

9. Shashank_Tantri
    Froyo Aug 5, 2017

Shashank_Tantri , Aug 5, 2017 :
    I have got the 4.5.8 update n I still feel WiFi is battery draining. may b the update was to fix the performance of WiFi n not for the power consumption. there is nothing grt to complaint, but still , one should expect that when the phone is not in use, consumption must reduce!!! that's not the case now. I had optimised the battery usage initially by some tips given in the forum, then slowly started using them one by one......found WiFi is the main issue when it comes to added load on battery. On my previous phones like Samsung S4 or op2, the battery drain at nite was not much. having said all this, dash charge makes up for my frustrations!!

10. yogeshvpatil
    Froyo Aug 5, 2017

yogeshvpatil , Aug 5, 2017 :
    as i updated my op 5 yesterday am facing huge battery drain as in previous update 4.5.7 . draining 5 % only in 20 min one plus kindly dix this

11. Mr. Vandelay
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2017

12. yogeshvpatil
    Froyo Aug 5, 2017

13. yogeshvpatil
    Froyo Aug 5, 2017

14. Mr. Vandelay
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2017

Mr. Vandelay , Aug 5, 2017 :
    Hm...

Did you try clearing cache partition after the update? if not try this:

1. Turn the phone off.
    2. Hold Power and Volume Down
    3. English (or pick any language that you want)
    4. Wipe data & cache
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Yes
    7. Reboot

The cache partition contains most of the temporary files, logs and remembered bits from the various applications on your Android device. They can also be left over files from before your last Android update. If that happens your device could be trying to use stored files that are not meant for your current version of Android. Think of it the same way you think of your browser cache. Just like a browser cache, sometimes those stored bits cause more problem than they solve and so it is a good idea to delete the cache periodically.

Wiping the cache will NOT delete your apps or your data or your configuration. It will simply delete the temporary junk.

15. KoolSIM
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2017

KoolSIM , Aug 5, 2017 :
    Thanks Timmy/Vijay for the help and clarification. To me step 4 actually seemed like wiping Data too.

16. nileshpatil5
    Donut Aug 5, 2017

17. nileshpatil5
    Donut Aug 5, 2017

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017

18. shethsa
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2017

shethsa , Aug 5, 2017 :
    Those aren't the options that show up for me. Only wipe data and cache is an option. Wipe cache is not showing up.
    Can you repeat how long I should press the power and vol down keys before releasing it.

19. Mr. Vandelay
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2017

Mr. Vandelay , Aug 5, 2017 :
    Select "Wipe data and cache" and in the next screen you will see "Wipe Cache".

1. Turn the phone off.
    2. Hold Power and Volume Down
    3. English (or pick any language that you want)
    4. Wipe data & cache
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Yes
    7. Reboot

shethsa likes this.
  20. ritendebnath
    Eclair Aug 5, 2017

ritendebnath , Aug 5, 2017 :
    did it work for you?