10 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Same

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. ZCraider
    Donut Apr 16, 2015

ZCraider , Apr 16, 2015 :
    I just downloaded the OS12 update yesterday and had my phone on 100% the whole time. Now I'm no power user so normally I'd get 3 days out of my phone, but my phone hasn't been off the charger for more than 5hrs and its already at 30%. Has anyone else noticed excessive battery drain since getting the update?

Xatyazt likes this.
  2. MrHollow
    Froyo Apr 16, 2015

MrHollow , Apr 16, 2015 :
    I'm losing a few % every so hours but nothing as hardcore as what you are experiencing :)

3. mriganksinha
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2015

mriganksinha , Apr 16, 2015 :
    This is common after each update.
    I suggest you let the battery recaliberate by letting it drain completely and then charging for 2-3 cycles.

Additionally i hope you have wiped cache after installing the update.

Stelsner likes this.
  4. mriganksinha
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2015

mriganksinha , Apr 16, 2015 :
    if you had any wakelocks in privacy guard for the google play services they would have been reset - please deny wake up / keep awake in privacy guard for google play services

5. EpicSwirly
    Lollipop Apr 16, 2015

6. ZCraider
    Donut Apr 16, 2015

I did do the wipe cache, but how would I access the privacy guard to make sure I don't have any wake locks on?

7. Thidasa
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2015

Thidasa , Apr 16, 2015 :
    I'm facing the same problem.
    And I didn't wipe cache. I just flashed CM12s zip.And used it for 2 days without any issue.But now I'm facing huge battery drain. 1st got 38% battery usage for Call Standby. Then corrected it using battery calibration app. Now it consuming more ( But doesn't show in Battery usage ).
    If I wipe my cache will it affect my personal data or anything ? (Messages, viber whatsapp chat history and others)
    And How to do that ? Is it the same of Factory reset ?
    Can u explain me a bit. I'm a newbee here.

8. ZCraider
    Donut Apr 16, 2015

I don't have any wakelocks or anything like that allowed for any of my apps.

9. ZCraider
    Donut Apr 16, 2015

I also flashed the update. What you should have done after installing the update to you're phone is hit the wipe cache and then reboot. I'm new to everything to so I'm not sure how you would fix it if you didn't wipe cache. You could probably Google it though

Thidasa likes this.
  10. zenfit
    Eclair Apr 16, 2015

zenfit , Apr 16, 2015 :
    Absolutely more battery drain since I got the update. I'm really annoyed by that plus other things that I now don't know how to control. I hate when supposed improvements result in more trouble.

11. mriganksinha
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2015

mriganksinha , Apr 17, 2015 :
    Go to settings -> security -> privacy guard -> advanced
    there you will see each service e.g. google play service.
    in each app/service you will see how much an activity has been performed, for e.g. you will see wake up has been requested by google play 138102 times - next to that is a setting that you need to set to allow / always ask / deny.
    please set deny for wake up and keep awake.
    this will help save battery.

12. mriganksinha
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2015

all wakelocks are by default active.
    you need to manually deny them

13. mriganksinha
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2015

Hi, you would not lose anything or any personal data/ setting with a cache wipe.

here is how you do it
    1. shut down your phone.
    2. press the power on button + volume down button simultaneously.
    3 you will see the CM recovery menu - search for wipe cache option.
    DO NOT select factory reset option.
    4. scroll down using volume keys to the wipe cache option - usually the 4th option
    5. press the power on button to wipe cache.
    6. then select reboot now (1st) option

you are done.

Cache is temp memory in which your installation files etc are unzipped and used from.
    sometimes some files may interfere in your usage by being still active when they are no longer needed.
    hence it is best to delete them (wipe cache)

14. Thidasa
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2015

Thidasa , Apr 17, 2015 :
    Thanks. But is it Ok to wipe cache now ? I mean I flashed it somedays ago.And is it ok to wipe cache now ?

15. Madsham64
    Eclair Apr 17, 2015

Madsham64 , Apr 17, 2015 :
    Em i dont have that feature in my security settings ?? not that I've getting battery drain, my OPO seems to be flying along, yes on the first day after update battery died and was dead as a dodo by 2000hrs, however day 1, I got a day and a half out of it same yesterday and looking the same today.

16. ShawnyBoyMusic
    Froyo Apr 17, 2015

17. mriganksinha
    Gingerbread Apr 19, 2015

mriganksinha , Apr 19, 2015 :
    Yeah, no issues. Go ahead and wipe it

Thidasa likes this.
  18. mriganksinha
    Gingerbread Apr 19, 2015

mriganksinha , Apr 19, 2015 :
    As reported a couple of days before, Google play services battery drain had been identified as an issue and a patch is being pushed soon to rectify that.

Thidasa likes this.
  19. a_agarwal_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 19, 2015

a_agarwal_ , Apr 19, 2015 :
    The battery life has gone bad for sure, but not so drastic. Instead of 1.5 days, it lasts hardly a day. Hope the Play services issue is resolved soon.

20. mriganksinha
    Gingerbread Apr 19, 2015