Battery drains very fast

1. AAB4K
    Jelly Bean Jan 21, 2015

2. ronjodyfamily
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2015

ronjodyfamily , Jan 21, 2015 :
    May not, my colleagues using one plus and the battery very good in performance, at least last for one and half day with heavy duty!

3. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Jan 21, 2015

4. vitorm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 21, 2015

vitorm , Jan 21, 2015 :
    You're doing this wrong. Battery life is totally user dependant. It all depends on what you do with it and what you have installed.
    How many times did you charge your battery? It can take a while.
    Also, how many apps that wake up often are you using? I saw G+, Whatsapp, a lot of games.. They might be waking your device up when it's supposed to be deep sleeping.

5. Edbit33
    Jelly Bean Jan 21, 2015

Edbit33 , Jan 21, 2015 :
    Battery use depends on many factors but the main culprit is usage, specially video and games. There are power banks that may extend your phone battery life

chuckp likes this.
  6. chuckp
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2015

chuckp , Jan 21, 2015 :
    If it is a real problem, factory reset the device, add just the basics back (don't install any apps that would be intensive in the background like activity trackers). See if the battery is still an issue, if it is it may be hardware related but more than likely there is something running/polling on the device.

You can also connect a USB cable and enter an adb console, then type "logcat" and see the details of what may be polling in the background.

7. badger906
    Jelly Bean Jan 21, 2015

badger906 , Jan 21, 2015 :
    android and screen will always take up majority of the battery as they're always on.

the biggest killer of battery is cell service. if you're in a poor signal area the phone will constantly look for a signal resulting in very poor battery service.

if you barely get 3g then switch to 2g only when out and about.

but it all does depend how you use your phone, if I stream movies I'll get about 7 hours battery, if I just use text and Internet I'll get 2 day, but on average mines near flat before the days out.

remember it's a powerful phone it's not designed for battery life! if you want decent battery buy a low end phone.

charging a phone everyday is the norm!

8. Succ3ss
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2015

Succ3ss , Jan 21, 2015 :
    Well I'm on the 44S too and I can tell you I use the phone for fb and internet alot even though on wifi the battery will last me maybe 10hrs with like 15 - 20% left. I don't know if that is good or bad but I have a car charger so I just hook it up whenever I drive.

9. jasphe
    Eclair Apr 7, 2015

jasphe , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Do this: Settings... Privacy... Privacy guard.. (Show built in apps) - Google play services... Then deny options to Keep Awake and Wakeup.

Click on Display and tell us how much screen on time you have..[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot!
    This worked for me.