Battery drains very quickly after 10.3.5 update. via OnePlus 6

1. Akki887
    Donut Aug 13, 2020

Akki887 , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    1597341867661.jpg
    Two days back I updated my phone to 10.3.5 nd since than my phone only lasts for two hours. And today while using it suddenly turned off after reaching 39% battery and when I tried restarting it showed 0% charge.

2. zayn_ys
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2020

zayn_ys , via OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple , Aug 14, 2020 :
    The update 10.3.5 is very good for the overall smooth experience and great battery life. Try resetting your phone. Take a backup before having a factory reset. I'm getting around 8 hours of SOT everyday.
    So, give it a try.

3. Hrolf Kraki
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2020

Hrolf Kraki , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Last night I switched off my 6T with battery at 75% charge. This morning I had to do a force start, the normal start did not work, and the battery was at 28% charge. OxygenOS version 10.3.5. Never before have I seen this behaviour.

Akki887 likes this.
  4. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 14, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 14, 2020 :

Hrolf Kraki

Last night I switched off my 6T with battery at 75% charge. This morning I had to do a force start, the normal start did not work, and the battery was at 28% charge. OxygenOS version 10.3.5. Never before have I seen this behaviour.​

Have seen it a couple of times on another phone I had. In one instance it was the Google Services using a lot of battery, on another occasion a local network tower was not working and the phone struggled to find a signal and caused the battery drain.

This is what I did to fix the Google Services issue, as they are all linked.

Try the following,

Clear the App info Cache and App info Storage for all 4 items

Google Playstore
    Google Play services
    Google Services Framework (Search in Setting for this)
    Google App

Restart the phone.

It may take a while for Google to rebuild its services Playstore etc.

Akki887 and zayn_ys like this.
  5. Akki887
    Donut Aug 14, 2020

Akki887 , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Yes I did that. But still my battery didn't last for 2 hours.

6. zayn_ys
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2020

zayn_ys , via OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple , Aug 14, 2020 :
    For battery draining and heating issue try this.
    You can calibrate to enhance your battery life
    For battery draining you should follow this to calibrate..

Goto settings >App and notifications>Click on three dot in right corner>Reset app preference.

To Optimize the phone, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/
    Thanks to @Caomhin [e]1f4aa[/e]

7. Hrolf Kraki
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2020

Hrolf Kraki , Aug 15, 2020 :
    So, what you collectively are saying is that "off" does not mean "off" as in terms of zero volts. Perhaps the manufacturers would put a physical switch that isolates the battery? I guess that's about as likely as me winning the lotto. Thanks for the ideas anyway, I'll have a look at if it does any good.