Battery Experiences - Only ~2500mAh? via OnePlus 8T

1. Cem7Dzemo
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2021

Cem7Dzemo , via OnePlus 8T , Mar 6, 2021 :
    Hello everyone, unfortunately I could not get rid of the feeling that the battery is not working at 100% on my OnePlus 8t. I took a battery measurement app (Akkubattery) which I experienced from my OP5t as confidential based on my own measured values. Now I found out with my OP8t that according to the app my total capacity is about ~
    2500 mAh.... Since another 2000 mAh missing.... The app, by the way, I have measured for just under 2 months on my device! (In my attached screenshot are only 2 charges, because I reinstalled the app and switched from Free to Pro) Can anyone confirm my measurement and experience? How long do you get through the day?

1615016760832.jpg

2. dikoscilator
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2021

dikoscilator , Mar 6, 2021 :
    The phone has two batteries of 2250 for faster charging
    The app is recognising only one battery

Praty_28, Johan Notte and the_o2 like this.
  3. StefanStark
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 7, 2021

StefanStark , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Mar 7, 2021 :
    As the #1 answer states

The dual battery setup of the oneplus 8T is not detected by the third party apps so they all show only half battery power and also if measured half the charging power.

Problem of the app and not of your device.

4. SHREEKARsiri
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2021

SHREEKARsiri , via OnePlus 8T , Mar 7, 2021 :
    but even my Oneplus8T is draining battery during night 20% every day

5. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 7, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 7, 2021 :
    Try to Optimize the phone, this helps with Lag, Freezing, Heat, Battery Drain and much more.

Clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 & A 11 have their own learning curve.

After a couple of days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life
    https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

Guide to lower Battery Drain.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/guide-lower-battery-drain.1260498/

McJader likes this.
  6. fernoct
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2021

fernoct , via OnePlus 8T , Mar 7, 2021 :
    This is my 3rd day of the phone. It appeared the battery was draining fast for the first couple of days, the SOT was also around 5-6 hrs.. but now I think it's getting better, as mentioned above it needs to settle down learning my usage pattern. I was concerned on Accubattery issue too but learned it has 2 batteries watching a review. Instantly uninstalling the Accubattery app erased me :)

Caomhin likes this.