Battery full charge notification alert.

1. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Jun 10, 2018

MentalDraco , Jun 10, 2018 :
    Why?

2. C1528619599428
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2018

C1528619599428 , Jun 10, 2018 :
    there are several reasons, for ex. at night when we keep on charging and forgrt to turn it of, this will affect battery

3. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Jun 10, 2018

Artemus. , Jun 10, 2018 :
    The circuitry inside the battery/motherboard prevents overcharging.

MentalDraco likes this.
  4. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Jun 10, 2018

MentalDraco , Jun 10, 2018 :
    No it won't phones these days are smarter then you think.

5. irfanmoosani
    KitKat Jun 19, 2019

irfanmoosani , Jun 19, 2019 :
    I recently bough Oneplus 7.
    A full battery notification tone is a great idea. This may also help us receive notification on Smart Watch, when we are sitting a bit far from phone.

G_Vishal_Gupta_BNuJ likes this.
  6. alsodavid
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2020

alsodavid , Aug 28, 2020 :
    I am pretty sure that overcharging and heat are not good for Li ion batteries. It was needed with NiMH batteries to overcome the property of memory. To charge and restore NiMH batterise you had to completely discharge the battery, then short it for 24 hr, then overcharge it (which was continually charging it for a period after it reached full voltage). The "memory" was one of the plates (can't remember if it was the anode or cathode) would not completely "discharge" when used. This difference would increase after repeated charge discharge cycles. When you charged it would appear to be fully charged but only one plate got completely restored while other plate was not. Shorting helped to completely discharge it and overcharge helped to bring the other plate to full charge. I had to learn the theory behind what I was doing when I was reconditioning 120 V NiMH battery packs used in portable X-ray machines.

7. alsodavid
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2020

alsodavid , Aug 28, 2020 :
    This is an opportunity for OnePlus to stand apart from the masses

An automatic charge shut off at a user defined setpoint (or at least a few choice settings) should be standard as well as a slow charge option. Tones and warnings are only good if you notice it. The most convenient way of charging is while you sleep, so auto shut off should be mandatory.

Overcharging and heat are not good for a battery and from the literature from Notes on the OnePlus 8 Overview page it sounds like it is always overcharged. It reads, "Typical capacity is 4300 mAh; rated capacity is 4230 mAh" --that sounds like overcharging. I would expect that almost all charging systems overcharge to some extent to ensure maximum capacity especially because all the reviews include runtime comparisons between phones--the manufaturers are almost forced maximize the charge.

Again, this is an opportunity for OnePlus.

8. Teekar.2023
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2020

10. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 9, 2021

Waveform Modifier , Jul 9, 2021 :
    The user community forum is not the OnePlus suggestion box. The Feedback forum is. Go there instead.

11. juttuka.pavan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 10, 2021