Battery health issues via OnePlus 7T

1. mb20
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

mb20 , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 13, 2020 :
    How come a device 2 months old with very little usage has a battery health of 95%? Is it that oneplus is compromising on the quality of the battery itself while providing high speed charging. This is totally unacceptable. Please see the screenshot attached. You can check yours by downloading oneplus diagnostic software.
    1594663206385.jpg

3. mb20
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

mb20 , Jul 14, 2020 :
    How it “literally doesn’t matter”? It matters in terms of how long battery lasts in a single charge. How can a phone loose its 5% capacity in 1 or 2 months with very light usage? Either Oneplus is shipping phones with 3610 mah battery or the battery itself is of very low quality that its charge is dissipating very fast. I have an iphone 11 pro max which still has a battery capacity of 98% after 6 months of usage.

4. NumberSix
    Honeycomb Jul 14, 2020

NumberSix , Jul 14, 2020 :
    The rated capacity of a battery is a typical figure and not specifically what your battery capacity is, some will get slightly higher some will get slightly lower so when you view it you will probably see a difference to what you thought you has bought. All (current) formulations of lithium batteries start to degrade from the second they leave the factory so you have that to factor that in as well.

Personally i wouldn't have downloaded the software and checked, you'll be flapping about it for ever more now, you'd be better off just waiting until you can actually tell the battery isn't lasting and either got rid of the phone or has 1+ put a new one in.

5. ApexRL , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jul 14, 2020 :
    You are just nitpicking if you care about battery health that much, mine is on 95% and I get 10 hours SOT easily with heavy usage, couldnt care less about a software estimate for battery health, sell your oneplus device if you care that much about battery health [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]