Battery life in OOS 2.2.1?

1. pedrof1991
    Froyo Apr 6, 2016

pedrof1991 , Apr 6, 2016 :
    So, as you probably all know, Oneplus just dropped another update for the X and I'm just curious if battery life has improved with this build at all? Leave your experiences with the new build too :)

2. José Maria Junior
    Eclair Apr 6, 2016

pedrof1991 likes this.
  3. Lord_Babass
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2016

Lord_Babass , Apr 6, 2016 :
    IMO
    Don't count on such a thing on this or other update.
    Like on ios, or as we were abused from android 4 to 5, battery life lowers with updates...

4. ohmarinusopx
    Froyo Apr 6, 2016

ohmarinusopx , Apr 6, 2016 :
    Is this factual info or just opinion?

5. Lord_Babass
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2016

Lord_Babass , Apr 6, 2016 :
    lollipop did not bring an increase in battery life, in spite of the "project volta" (remember?). From what i have read, Doze in Marshmallow doesn't really bring more energy saving, except maybe overnight.
    With apple, it was the same thing (had 3g,4 5 and 5s; now i still have ipad mini retina 2): promises of optimisations, etc... Blabla... But each new ios (i mean year update) has eaten battery by about 5%. To me it was clear, even with recalibration.
    So i think people should stop believing that battery life will increase with software update. A bad one might seriously wound autonomy, but keeping it as it was, while providing new functions is already some sort of heaven.

6. Tiongkia
    Froyo Apr 7, 2016

Tiongkia , Apr 7, 2016 :
    Its too early to know. We need a few days to monitor.. But so far it seems the same as 2.2.0-X.

7. kshiteejnaik
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2016

kshiteejnaik , Apr 7, 2016 :
    The change log didn't mention anything like that, so it's probably the same. I haven't noticed anything different anyways.

8. pedrof1991
    Froyo Apr 7, 2016

pedrof1991 , Apr 7, 2016 :
    Like the battery doesn't get bigger :) But the wakelock and Battery drawing issues can be solved with update :) Just FYI :) Also don't compare android and Ios it's completely (It really is :)) different.

Well be sure to give me an update when you have tested the build properly ;)

Yeah, I checked the log and didn't see anything along "battery optimizations" but I saw some people on Xda say it was far better :) That's why am here :)

9. pedrof1991
    Froyo Apr 8, 2016

10. Tiongkia
    Froyo Apr 8, 2016

Tiongkia , Apr 8, 2016 :
    Same as 2.2.0-X for me. See screenshot. I am on either on 4G or wifi whole day.

Attached Files:

11. yogenderSingh1
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2016

12. Martin_VN
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2016

bianco_vn likes this.
  13. mikeonfire
    Froyo Apr 10, 2016

mikeonfire , Apr 10, 2016 :
    My opx Batt life has not changed after the 2.2.1 update.. I guess. It is same as before. Average 2d5h greenified batt life..

14. Tiongkia
    Froyo Apr 11, 2016

Attached Files:

15. calypso786
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2016

calypso786 , Apr 11, 2016 :
    I find it really strange when dialler does not feature in the top 3 battery consuming apps in the stats. I never get my screen usage going above 20-22% (3.5 hrs of SOT to 4 hrs max) and never have dialler in a position lower than 2. As per I rarely see differences in battery life after updates. Only functionality changes. Am I the only one using a smart phone to make calls!

16. brahny
    Eclair Apr 14, 2016

brahny , Apr 14, 2016 :
    I've noticed some battery drainage since I updated to OOS 2 2.1, my normal SOT was 4.5h and now I think it is around 3.5 I bet even less, my battery drains 2 o 3% every 10 mins or less in normal usage. I am thinking about upgrading to CM 13 hoping to get some improvement in my battery life.

17. moshere
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2016

moshere , Apr 14, 2016 :
    I'm having same experience. Before the upgrade my phone remain without charging until 23:00, now at 20:00 it's less than 20%.... In addition I can see oxygen at the top of the list of power consumption....

Toomey1 and marcopanco like this.
  18. Saltywormz
    Honeycomb Apr 14, 2016

19. shashpant
    Froyo Apr 14, 2016

shashpant , Apr 14, 2016 :
    Yes there is a huge dip-in battery life specially sot. Earlier I was getting b/w 4.1-5 hours SOT now I can barely stretch it around 3:45hr.

Toomey1 likes this.
  20. brahny
    Eclair Apr 14, 2016

brahny , Apr 14, 2016 :
    I really think that Oxygen OS is a big failure, the only good thing about it is the dark theme and the gestures any other than that is a disappointment, I really feel very disappointed about this OS. My personal opinion is that Oneplus would sell more if they had CM as main OS. Creating a well put together phone is a thing but creating an OS is a different topic where it separates the kids from men. I'd appreciate if Oneplus take Oxygen away for a while and give time Oxygen to grow flawlessly to present something solid in the future than screwing up cellphones and trust in the process. It is simple, the money spent on the device just seems worthless when you put on balance all the difficulties that we have to go through using this OS and the premium look that Oneplus offer. I'm afraid that Oneplus is kinda playing with fire at this point and even more because of the fact that the company is pretty new and shouldn't be challenging the patience of the customers. To be honest, I'm kinda regretting have chosen this company as my phone upgrade, not because of the hardware but the software. Next time I'll be looking into MI devices.

Dchrono likes this.