Battery Life issue IS FIXED, if drain was caused by Facebook!

1. bpwest80
    KitKat Jan 11, 2017

bpwest80 , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Idk. That's weird. Delete cache from recovery. I deleted those two apps (FB & FB Mess) and my battery is pretty much okay now. I have lost about 20min SOT since updating from 4.0. When I was on 4.0 I was getting the same amount of SOT as I was on MM. I did a factory reset right after updating to 4.0, I really don't want to do another one now that I'm on 4.0.1. We shouldn't have to factory reset every single update. The Android OS and Android System are right below the screen on battery stats on every phone I have that has Nougat on it. It's something to do with Nougat. My 6p and Honor 8 are the same way.

isagordillo88 likes this.
  2. bpwest80
    KitKat Jan 11, 2017

I know that but I use my phone almost the same way every day through the work week. I've had the phone almost 4 months and every single day I got around 6hrs give or take a few minutes. 15min is not much but my point is that Nougat just uses more battery for some reason that I do not know. I'm still getting 5hr 35min give or take a few minutes. I'm not complaining. I'm still happy with my battery life. It's just disappointing when you know how much screen time you used to get, compared to what you get now. I'm still doing a lot better than a lot of people. When I say I got 6hrs SOT I mean I got it by using my phone doing all the things I like to do on it, not by opening Adobe and reading a book. I'm not a SOT warrior, just letting people know that I too have lost a little screen time. That's all.

3. JoaoLetelier
    Froyo Jan 11, 2017

JoaoLetelier , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Seriously? 4h is good? What's not so good, then?
    when I was using OOS MM I was getting 6-6.5 h, same thing with CM14 when I started with it. then I installed beta 9 and didn't like it. went back to CM but battery was horrible. have since been using RR ROM and it's ok, I'm averaging 5h but can push it to 5.5h if I try (with FB and messenger installed). I don't understand why you think 4h is good. My gf gets 6h on her 6s without doing anything special or babying the brightness.

4. Khan iqbal akhtar
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

5. mmddmm1702
    Honeycomb Jan 11, 2017

mmddmm1702 , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Sot generally is bullshit, because it depends on what you do with your phone :D

I can have 8h of sot with light use. Bit browsing, messengers, maybe little bit of FB.
    I get 6h of sot with messengers and browsing.
    I get 3 h of sot with gaming then I have to charge

Usually I have 5.5h of sot with messengers, browsing and a bit of FB. But then my charge cycle is 24h and it is still at 20% and I charge to about 90% ... Depends on time I have.

6. wanfahmi
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

7. bpwest80
    KitKat Jan 11, 2017

I don't have different SOT through my work week, only on weekends do I use my phone different. I can tell when something is not right with my phone the same way that you can tell if something isn't right with yours. For four months through my work week I got right at 6hrs SOT, using FB, Messenger, Textra, Amazon, Banking app, eBay, Chrome, Slack, Draftkings, calls, texts, YouTube, Google Play Music and Store and a few other apps. Usually when I would get home from work I would still have around 40% battery left and by the time I went to bed I would have around 6hrs SOT. On the weekend I use my phone differently so my SOT is different. Since Nougat update I've been getting around 5hr 30min SOT and getting home after work with about 30 to 35% battery left compared to the 40% I used to have, which is still good and pleases me. I'm simply saying that my phone is using more battery since the update. Yours may not be but mine is. With that being said I'm still loving my phone and pleased with battery life. I do hope that OnePlus keeps on trying to improve Nougat for all of us though. I'm tired of talking about battery life. Everyone's is different.

8. bpwest80
    KitKat Jan 11, 2017

Brilliant idea. How did you come up with that? o_O

9. rakeshmahur
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

10. F_Vijay_Vivek_ZHCh
    Donut Jan 11, 2017

F_Vijay_Vivek_ZHCh , Jan 11, 2017 :
    it's simple. uninstall Paytm, Truecaller, avg antivirus software, stop auto backup, and choose manual restore, enable doze mode in advanced settings, BINGO!!!! BATTERY PROBLEM SOLVED.... ENJOY NOUGAT...

11. jaybajaj1902
    Froyo Jan 11, 2017

F_Vijay_Vivek_ZHCh likes this.
  12. G_Ciprian_Liviu_pVyE
    Eclair Jan 11, 2017

13. Jasonlhleung
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2017

Jasonlhleung , Jan 11, 2017 :
    it's gonna be v difficult to know when it will be fixed unless someone tells us that the battery problem is gone on the forums

14. kriteshshah
    Froyo Jan 11, 2017

kriteshshah , Jan 11, 2017 :
    After uninstalling FB and messenger I've been using this for a day now and the battery drain has slowed down but it is still draining
    Marshmallow had no issues this issue is after 4.0.1 update

Android System, Google Services, Android OS are top battery drainers draining 100+ MaH each
    battery drained from 100℅ to 75℅ in 5 hours with 1H 16Mins SOT

fillesy likes this.
  15. mattrilla
    Donut Jan 11, 2017

mattrilla , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Confirmed this for Facebook.

Force stopped both, cleared data and caches and then signed back in. Battery life has gone from 8 hours to 1 day 22 hours and my usage hasn't changed [e]1f601[/e]

aarushrajani likes this.
  16. Jasonlhleung
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2017

csquance likes this.
  17. mmddmm1702
    Honeycomb Jan 11, 2017

mmddmm1702 , Jan 11, 2017 :

:D yes. Always discussions about nothing.
    Well. Maybe battery is less than on 3.2.8, which was a really good build, not sure if I reinstalled all apps since the update and the factory reset :D

18. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Jan 11, 2017

JoaoLetelier likes this.
  19. grk007
    Honeycomb Jan 11, 2017

20. fazEp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 11, 2017

fazEp , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Already tried that and a factory reset, didn't help...