Battery replacement possible?

1. vaibhavvc
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2018

vaibhavvc , Jan 5, 2018 :
    Hey guys, I've been using this OnePlus 2 ever since it came out, and the state of the battery right now is not good. The battery percentage dips very quickly. I have tried resetting the battery stats to check if it's a software problem and it isn't. I called the OnePlus hotline and they said they don't make OnePlus 2 batteries anymore. What do you guys suggest I should do( a new phone is out of question rn)? Thanks in advance.

2. GopalB.
    Nougat Jan 5, 2018

GopalB. , Jan 5, 2018 :
    Check if you can find the battery from any 3rd party manufacturer...
    Ebay could help...

vaibhavvc likes this.
  3. vaibhavvc
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2018

vaibhavvc , Jan 5, 2018 :
    Do you know of any legitimate battery I could buy? I don't want a fake (I am planning to use this phone for a few more years)

4. eye842
    Lollipop Jan 5, 2018

eye842 , Jan 5, 2018 :
    Unfortunately it's almost impossible to know who bought the stock left from Oneplus when they stopped selling them.

I think both @ShortyEx and @rusty264 have replaced batteries in their OP2.

Hydra Bob and vaibhavvc like this.
  5. bipin swain
    Donut Jan 5, 2018

vaibhavvc likes this.
  6. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2018

ShortyEx , Jan 5, 2018 :
    After trying to convince the OnePlus service employers to just send me a new battery because my phone was still under warranty, I just bought one on an Irish website (golden tech). The battery looked like an original but on closer investigation it wasn't. My battery was on the edge of dangerous (read bulging, you should've seen it when I got it out of the phone...) so I don't really care if the replacement isn't an original one since the original ones are really bad, how much worse can replacements be? I paid about 15euros, shipping included and used the guide on iFixit, was done in about half an hour and my dad uses the phone now and the battery is doing really well so far :)

7. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Jan 5, 2018

Rusty NZ , Jan 5, 2018 :
    I got a battery from Ali Express, it works well and cheap enough that I plan to change the battery every 12 months for as long as I have the phone. The seller claimed the battery is orginal but I am fairly sure it is a good copy.

The battery has lasted 10 months so far and I already have another replacement battery ready fit in a couple of months time. Nothing really wrong with my current battery other than I know it has degraded a bit, all batteries degrade over time.

eye842, vaibhavvc and ShortyEx like this.
  8. vaibhavvc
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2018

9. vaibhavvc
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2018

vaibhavvc , Jan 6, 2018 :
    The service center people told me they don't have OnePlus 2 batteries in stock anymore. And they will never have them in stock since the company has stopped making them

10. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Jan 6, 2018

vaibhavvc likes this.
  11. G_Katherina
    Cupcake May 29, 2019

G_Katherina , May 29, 2019 :
    I doubt you will find a Genuine battery replacement for your OnePlus one since the model is already rendered obsolete by the company. They don’t manufacture components for their old models just like Apple. Once a new model enters the market the old ones become useless. Therefore, you won’t find genuine parts from the company.

Nevertheless, you may find nongenuine battery from any 3rd party manufacturer or from an unauthorized Mobile repair service center

I would recommend Techyuga for this. They do the best quality OnePlus one battery replacement and the spare part they use is also OEM which is similar in quality to the OnePlus one original battery.

Plus they also give warranty for the parts. You can check out the OnePlus One battery price for yourself.