Battery Saver Issue! via OnePlus 6

1. pantprakhar04
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2020

pantprakhar04 , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 15, 2020 :
    I have previously used OnePlus 2 and currently on OnePlus 6 for the last 1.5 years. On both the devices I faced a similar issue regarding the Battery Saver, that it does nothing. Absolutely nothing! No slow animations, no lag in opening apps or switching between them, no background data restricted, etc. Both the devices were logged from the same account. Because of this, my battery drains at the same speed without the Battery Saver turned ON. What should I do?
    Btw both the devices have shown this issue since Day 1 and I haven't found any online solution/suggestion for the above. Please help!

2. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 15, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 15, 2020 :
    I am guessing you mean Battery Optimisation.

Make sure you have updated to OOS 10.3.5.

Backup your phone data

Then try a full Erase All Data factory reset.

This will refresh the Android system and hopefully rectify the issue.

3. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 15, 2020 :
    I have always had battery saver set to automatically turn on when my phone gets below 20% (since the OP2 days).
    It definitely works on my OP2 (very old device now) and restricts the amount of notifications I receive etc. said:
    No idea at all if it work to be honest in my 6T, because I can't honestly recall an occasion since it's release that my battery has got that low before I get home (great battery life on the 6T)

Caomhin likes this.