Baymax's Motiv Review - The One Ring to Rule Them All?

1. Baymax Starting Point Expert Feb 11, 2019

Baymax, Feb 11, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

Funny story, before I start this review, is I shared the photo which you will see below in some places with friends, and I was being congratulated. I immediately found out they were congratulating me on getting engaged… Come on people… I’ve only been dating my girlfriend for 2 years… Too early to pop the question… I think.

[​IMG]

Anyway… back to the review at hand. This is of the ring shown on my finger. It is a fitness tracker and a darn good one too. I have been unable to figure out if it or the Fitbit Versa I wear on a daily basis is more accurate. I am leaning towards this being more accurate though since it is closer to the skin on my finger.

Specs

The Motiv features a battery (with no known capacity) that is good for up to 3 days on a charge, a waterproof rating of up to 5 Atmospheres (165 ft, 50 m) in fresh and salt water, the ability to charge completely in just 90 minutes, and A heart rate sensor. Oh, also the ring comes in black, silver, or rose gold (it is more gold than rose though)

Product

So, to start here, Motiv has a fool-proof system which makes it nearly impossible to get the wrong ring if you order one. The way they do so is when you order your Motiv ring, you are sent a sizing kit with a unique code within it. You can easily find the right size for your finger and wear for 24 hours to get used to the size of a Motiv ring before you order your ring in your choice of color.

[​IMG]

Connectivity

It connects via bluetooth to Android or iOS. I haven’t found too many hiccups with it either. The only hiccup I’ve found is within syncing the ring to your phone… you have to spin the ring around your finger. There is an alternative way though… You pop it on the charger and it automatically syncs. Speaking of syncing… ugh… this brings me to a downside to the Motiv which isn’t a downside of the ring itself. The charger is incredibly easy to lose. $19.99 to get another one! (If you didn’t guess already, this happened to me; lost over the weekend… I’ll be careful with the next one. EDIT: I found it! I knew I brought it home! I already spent $20 on another charger though.)

Is the App Friendly?

For the most part it is. Only causes problems when you have little to no service. As every fitness app does.

[​IMG]

Price

This may be an area which turns people away. The Motiv ring is $199. While this is the same price as popular fitness trackers from Fitbit, some may say that the Motiv should be cheaper than this. This may be true, but Motiv constantly has sales going on, so keep an eye out and you may be able to pick one up for $179 instead (like I did).

Conclusion and After Thoughts

The question is now whether the Motiv is the one ring to rule them all (at least the fitness trackers. I would have to say it is very close. I have really enjoyed wearing it, and nobody really knows that it has electronics in it when they see it. Men, you could almost get away with using one as a wedding band. I don’t recommend doing this though. Keep the one you got from your wedding.

The after thought I have is that it may very well be the one ring to rule them all since the company that creates it has a great sense of humor.

[​IMG]

The support of the ring is great as well.

So I can recommend this to anyone looking for a fitness tracker and doesn’t mind shelling out $199.

Thanks for reading, and once again I will be glad to answer any questions you may have about the Motiv.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019

2. GopalB. Marshmallow Feb 11, 2019

GopalB., Feb 11, 2019 :
    That's a nice gizmo you got there... :D
    Thanks for the review Baymax... :)

Bouncer71, Baymax and Shivang Joshi like this.
  3. The1Lion Lollipop Feb 11, 2019

The1Lion, Feb 11, 2019 :
    3 rings were made for the prototype
    7 rings were made for sizing
    9 rings were made for QA testing

But @Baymax deceived them all, for he had forged the one ring!

4. Bouncer71 KitKat Feb 11, 2019

Bouncer71, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Cool gadget...!
    Thanks for the review...! 8D

Maybe the come up with something that incorporates something like this

[​IMG]

In a more fashioned way... ;D

Baymax likes this.
  5. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 11, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Pretty cool ring, hopefully you won’t get too attached. ;)
    [​IMG]

Baymax likes this.
  6. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 11, 2019

dsmonteiro, Feb 11, 2019 :
    I honestly don't see the reason to get this over any other tracker. My Amazfit Bip costed little over $50, its battery lasts for almost a full month and has several more features than the ring.

It might be a cool gadget but I don't see it like anymore than that.

7. Baymax Starting Point Expert Feb 11, 2019

Baymax, Feb 11, 2019 :
    May be too late! Kidding.
    well, the lost charger is now a found charger. so I have an extra now. :p

8. Baymax Starting Point Expert Feb 11, 2019

Baymax, Feb 11, 2019 :
    is the Amazfit Bip pretty accurate?

9. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 11, 2019

dsmonteiro, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Better than the Samsgung Fit Band 2 I had before it, that's for sure.

10. Baymax Starting Point Expert Feb 11, 2019

Baymax, Feb 11, 2019 :
    i'd be curious how they compare. The Motiv is looking to be more accurate than my Fitbit Versa.
    I may grab a Bip and see if it is any more accurate than either of those.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  11. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Feb 11, 2019

toastytoast1234, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Do they make **** rings? Now that would be an interesting feature for an activity tracker.

12. meatandy Nougat Feb 11, 2019

meatandy, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Thanks for your review .

Did I ever tell you about the three rings of marriage?
    the engagement ring.
    The wedding ring.
    The suffering .....:p

Baymax likes this.
  13. meatandy Nougat Feb 11, 2019

meatandy, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Why is Nose censored? :rolleyes:

Baymax and toastytoast1234 like this.
  14. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Feb 11, 2019

toastytoast1234, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Probably some wacky Chinese cultural thing.

Winnie the Pooh.

Baymax and meatandy like this.
  15. Baymax Starting Point Expert Feb 11, 2019

Baymax, Feb 11, 2019 :
    I thought he was saying Belly button. but that would be far too short for what he said... So yeah probably Nose

meatandy likes this.