1. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert May 2, 2019

Baymax , May 2, 2019 :
    [​IMG]
    Hello Everyone!

Your neighborhood friendly Baymax here!

After dropping hints like
    and

I can now reveal what I have been hinting at this whole time.
    Not a phone!

This time around I have a review that is unlike any that I have attempted before. If you didn't already notice by the title though, this is a review of the Xiaoyi Yi M1 Mirrorless SLR camera.

[​IMG]

Build
    This camera is a smaller and lighter package than your usual standard grade DSLR camera. It doesn't seem like it will fall apart or anything either. The M1 is a 20 megapixel shooter, has dimensions of 4.5 × 2.5 × 1.3 in. (114 × 64 × 34 mm) and weighs in at 9.9 oz (280 g) with the battery in and weighs more with a lens connected (more on this in the next section) ; still weights less than a regular DSLR though. It does not have any viewfinder on top like a traditional DSLR; it has a 3-inch touch screen on the face of it as its viewfinder.
    [​IMG]

Lenses
    The Yi M1 can use any Micro Four Thirds (MFT) lens. My collection of lenses currently contains a 17 mm pancake lens, 25 mm focus lens, 12-40 mm zoom lens, and a 45-150 mm zoom lens for the whole plethora of shots to take out in the wild.
    [​IMG]

Sample Shots
    Since I wanted to be sure that all of my photos were in full res, I have put my photos all on a Flickr so that everyone can see the photos.
    https://flic.kr/ps/3wgRLU

Price
    This is where the Yi M1 really stands out! A standalone, mirrorless camera. That costs less than $300 USD. It costs $249 but any lens other than the 12-40 mm lens is a separate purchase.

Conclusion
    The M1 is really a powerful camera. The ability to have multiple lenses for pretty much any kind of shot is really nice. For the price, you really can't go wrong about picking one of these up.
    Please do tell me what you all think about the shots from the M1.

Epilogue
    This camera was tested while I was in Cabo San Lucas for a week. In one of the shots on the Flickr is a photographer who is a really close friend of the family. I am officially his assistant/protégé. A lot of the further camera shots in these reviews will likely be shot with the M1.

Thank you all for reading!

2. meatandy
    Oreo May 3, 2019

meatandy , May 3, 2019 :
    Ah , Nice set up and travel bag to boot ! :)

3. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert May 3, 2019

Baymax , May 3, 2019 :
    I did purchase the travel bag separately actually :sweatsmile:
    I am very happy with how it holds my camera and all my lenses though

4. Akhshay Srinivasan
    Nougat May 3, 2019

Akhshay Srinivasan , May 3, 2019 :
    Liked the way you tossed the coin :sweatsmile:

Glad that it's not a phone :D

Nice review man :cool: Thanks for the info. !

G_plusone, meatandy and Baymax like this.
  5. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 5, 2019

Akhshay Srinivasan and Baymax like this.
  6. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert May 5, 2019

Baymax , May 5, 2019 :
    I am gonna tell you bud. It was an absolute blast shooting pictures with it as well as a blast in Cabo. Looking forward to using the Yi more in the future as well.

G_plusone and Akhshay Srinivasan like this.