Be careful my One has burned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meme1337
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2014

meme1337 , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Ha ha. I have the phone, had for a month. I haven't been experiencing problems, except the battery issue and the touch grounding when using it on some surfaces. One has been introduced by the ota, but both have been fixed in my experience with 33r.
    I don't need an invite, I was just pointing out that your "flawless" reasoning it's just based on a few posts of people having issue, that you can't compare to the amount of satisfied customers because you don't have that data, and you are not even waiting to try your new phone because of other people issues.
    I was just saying that, without trying to pick a fight like you want me to.
    Imho give it a month at least, I'm very happy with the phone and I use it as my daily driver.
    Ciao

2. Xplode29
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2014

3. axbog
    Honeycomb Aug 26, 2014

axbog , Aug 26, 2014 :
    "Few posts of people having issues". I do believe that is a bit of an understatement. Not only on these forums there are way too many complaints considering how many phones are actually produced. But also, check the internet. Youtube, other forums, blogs etc. And you too are experiencing problems... What else can I say?

grrremlin likes this.
  4. yotam_dobrin
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2014

yotam_dobrin , Aug 26, 2014 :
    I was being sarcastic.

5. Simonbarsinistr
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2014

Simonbarsinistr , Aug 26, 2014 :
    And again, no better idea, no alternate solution to the problem. No answer to the question I posed at all. Disappointing, but exactly what I expected. Bye.

6. Carl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 26, 2014

Carl , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Stop flaming and taking things off topic. This is a serious issue.

7. meme1337
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2014

meme1337 , Aug 26, 2014 :
    If you at least read all my post, I've said they were fixed.
    Goodbye, my dear troll.

8. axbog
    Honeycomb Aug 26, 2014

axbog , Aug 26, 2014 :
    I swear, I don't know what you are babling about...what idea? what alternate solution to the problem? Do you think I am CEO of OPO? Why are you coming to me for solutions? I am observing how things go down.

9. axbog
    Honeycomb Aug 26, 2014

axbog , Aug 26, 2014 :
    The last thing I want to do is Troll. As Carl mentioned above, this is a serious issue. It could have ended much worse. If you are happy with the experience, good for you. I hope stuff like this will never happen to you.

grrremlin likes this.
  10. PHYS
    Donut Aug 26, 2014

PHYS , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Hi folks,

please stop accusing MiYzu of having abused his phone. You can handle your phone with kid gloves all the time and a Li-Ion meltdown still can happen.

The Li-Ion battery technology never is completely without risk due to its high energy density. Li-Ion batteries burn up every day. All brands and companies are affected, we all have seen burned iPhones, Samsungs, LGs, HTCs whatever. Simply try a Google search.

But with respect to the huge number of Li-Ion batteries being in use all the time the probability of such an occurrence is so small that you still can call Li-Ion technology safe. There were some cases in the past (and there will be in the future) where a specific model or production charge of Li-Ion batteries were affected by burn ups statistically more often than usual. Even in these cases a burn up of your specific copy of that charge still would be very improbable.

To conclude a higher than usual failure rate for the OnePlus from a single incident is downright nonsense.

PHYS

meme1337 and nubiaz7max like this.
  11. kerngesund
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2014

kerngesund , Aug 26, 2014 :
    haha... well that was entertaining :)

12. nubiaz7max
    Honeycomb Aug 26, 2014

nubiaz7max , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Don't worry Carl,these people are always like this.They will start blaming a start-up company for a rare defect in a Single Unit.I don't know where these people were,when the same thing happened to a Girl whose bed got burned because of Samsung galaxy Note 3????;) One request to you people,pls give them some time to do tests on that burned unit & I am sure @Carl will explain the reasons why actually it happened & what actually caused it?:)

13. JustSkilled
    Froyo Aug 26, 2014

JustSkilled , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Lol medical costs.
    How about you pay for his actual pain and damage on his leg?
    I'd sue the hell out of you, Carl.

14. HappyTroll
    Aug 26, 2014

grrremlin and LC! like this.
  15. setzer715
    Froyo Aug 26, 2014

setzer715 , Aug 26, 2014 :
    I already said it, when you buy a phone your buying into that company and oneplus sucks *** but to the larger point you seem to be COMPLETELY missing, my device was faulty and had to be replaced. Still don't have it back.

Thank you for your opinion but the yellow banding is just one example of poor workmanship and bad or rushed production. Anyway you look at it, it just confirms the one is a sub par phone. I'm glad you like yours, enjoy it and hopefully it doesn't burn your house down.

grrremlin likes this.
  16. LC!
    Eclair Aug 26, 2014

LC! , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Hello Carl,

my charger makes strange sounds and becomes VERY HOT! I wrote a ticket to your support nearly TWO WEEKS AGO but I still have to charge the phone with this strange charger (USB at PC takes a whole day). I even made a video and uploaded it as requested, even several times and several times I wrote in the ticket and asked for a progress, but never again heard from "Ivan". If safety of your customers is your first and foremost concern then WHY NO ONE CARES ABOUT IT IN MY CASE and I have to use this charger? Does my charger or even phone have to explode too until I get what I paid for? I don't even know if the charger might damage the phone. IMHO your support is very bad I never had such problems with any other manufacturer. I hope to hear from you and get a solution. Also regarding yellow band in the bottom I am very disappointed!

adlibitum and grrremlin like this.
  17. Deactivated User
    Aug 26, 2014

18. HappyTroll
    Aug 26, 2014

19. marcojoao90
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 26, 2014

Deactivated User likes this.
  20. PHYS
    Donut Aug 26, 2014

PHYS , Aug 26, 2014 :
    I suppose you would also sue the manufacturer of a knife if you cut yourself. If you want to rule out the possibility completely to get burned by a smartphone with a Li-Ion battery then your only option is: Don't use any. Maybe someone will market an NiMH based smartphone with 24h battery lifetime weighing a mere kilogram. Just don't drop it onto your feet.

Life is risky. Don't blame others.

PHYS