Before creating a "Before starting a new thread about Nougat" thread

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 24, 2017

dsmonteiro , Feb 24, 2017 :
    UPDATE:
    Created a Thunderclap to try to make OnePlus stop ignoring us, you can read more about it here:

[​IMG]

Dear @Carl,

In the beginning of this month, @ShortyEx made a really nice thread in an attempt to reduce the number of threads about Nougat for the OnePlus 2. In that thread he linked to official statements saying that the OnePlus 2 would indeed get Nougat even though no ETA was given.

I commend him for his effort, but some things don't seem to really add up.

In your December letter to the community, you said:

At that time I thought "Okay, that's a valid reason to not release Oxygen 3.5 for the OP3." but the OnePlus 2 received Oxygen 3.5. So the logic was broken.

Okay, maybe I'm just overreacting, people may think. But I'm not done yet.

That post I just quoted was part of an answer to something I had written. But your answer only focused on the OP3/3T. Everything I wrote about the OP2 and OPX was completely ignored. But the problem is that it's not just me that's getting ignored. OnePlus started treating OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X as if they never existed. No one really addresses the big fat elephant in the room.

Okay, but none of this means they have dropped the update. Are you so sure? Let's see the answers support now gives regarding if there will be an update or not (not asking for an ETA):

Support.PNG

Okay, he/she just said there are no news about it. But Twitter is where things get interesting:

A tweet from January:

upload_2017-2-24_11-38-28.png

And now in February:
    upload_2017-2-24_11-37-41.png

So it went from "when" to "no comments". It went from a tweet that confirms that OnePlus 2 will happen to a tweet that's shady and hints at the opposite.

I'll quote you on something you said in 2014:
    So, let's talk transparently and honestly:

IS THE ONEPLUS 2 GETTING NOUGAT OR NOT?

And since you already ignored the last few times I asked this, I'll tag a few other people:
    @Tony L. from the Software team
    @Adam Krisko and @david.yang from the Community team
    @Chris dB from the Social Media team.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017

bhowes, busbi, SSPC and 243 others like this.
  2. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Feb 24, 2017

pa5t1s , Feb 24, 2017 :
    My Dear @dsmonteiro,
    as you already mentioned it, it looks like the real place to live, and where everything happens, is "the social media", Twitter to be precise.It's a wonderful place where you can make promises and never satisfy them (please refer to @realdonaldtrump, for example, but there are many other examples, and France will suffer from the same disease soon); it's a place where you can post yourself in fancy outfits (beessssssss), with or without mustache, and get "Likes" and a lot of fanboys (less girls, I must admit)!!! It reminds me of the Apple ecosystem, dunno why...
    Obviously, the Community is not a Carl-friendly place: people here have ears/eyes and brain (i.e memory) and so far, no fck has been given about promises. They were good until something new appeared...
    I think that OP2 and OPX are dead because OP3/T are here... And that will last...until OP4 or whatever will come alive.
    Sad story...

3. jizang
    Lollipop Feb 24, 2017

jizang , Feb 24, 2017 :
    @Carl you know it's BAD when a former MOD complains about updates :p

4. Chiragjain.jain25
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2017

Chiragjain.jain25 , Feb 24, 2017 :
    great thread Ds...
    well done.
    As it was expected that one plus 2 will get Android N in February and now that surprising that One plus 2 has no reply for the Android N...[e]1f614[/e]

5. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Feb 24, 2017

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Feb 24, 2017 :
    Well this needs to be bumped up ;) As a user of OP2 even i need an answer which is ignored by you guys ?? o_O

6. Chiragjain.jain25
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2017

Chiragjain.jain25 , Feb 24, 2017 :
    one plus we are waiting as there is no official news.
    Everytime we ask about the update one plus always
    "pls stay tuned with social media"

7. The Imp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2017

The Imp , Feb 24, 2017 :
    @dsmonteiro I already made a thread on nougat but thats on custom ROM's. I was sick of waiting for an update therefore I started flashing custom rom's

8. dsmonteiro

I'm running Lineage OS as well but that's not the point of this thread.

OnePlus 2 was launched in August 2015. Nougat was released in August 2016. Nougat was promised more than once.

Not getting it would mean that they not only they broke yet another promise but they also dropped support for major releases just one year after the phone was released.

9. The Imp

The Imp , Feb 24, 2017 :
    Agree with you bro and I have complained about it too many times but no one listens to us

SSPC, Umang RaVal, Avincric and 8 others like this.
  10. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 24, 2017

toastytoast1234 , Feb 24, 2017 :
    Well how bad must it be when current mods are openly mocking them?

11. Invitehunter
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2017

Invitehunter , Feb 24, 2017 :
    I don't even care about Nougat anymore. Saving my money for the Huawei P9. Never gonna buy another OnePlus phone, even though how good they actually are.

12. The Imp

The Imp , Feb 24, 2017 :
    Carl hasn't been online since his Jan letter he will just write another letter in Feb and will go and sleep for 1 month then

13. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Feb 24, 2017

Gaurav Rohilla , Feb 24, 2017 :
    so much money, why can't you hire more developers and get the job done quickly? oh, wait! hiring a pilot and spending shitloads of money for extreme unboxing is more important. @Carl

14. dsmonteiro

They can't really stay quiet about this until the OP4 is out so this is bound to bite them in the ***. Marketing only gets you so far.

15. nelson pansare

nelson pansare , Feb 24, 2017 :
    See if you are right android N was released in august 2016 and new android o will be here soon...and every company promises 2 years of device support...so officially oneplus should also provide android 8.0 to oneplus 2...but they probably wont!

16. ShortyEx

ShortyEx , Feb 24, 2017 :
    Can you please provide the source for the February ETA? As far as I know, no ETA's were given yet this February-thing keeps popping up o_O

17. dsmonteiro

No, they don't. Not even Google is promising 24 months of updates for their phones. Why do people keep making this stuff up?

Google only promises updates for 18 months and then only security updates.

lraa, varun5833, Jeffrey98 and 8 others like this.
  18. dsmonteiro

A few shady "news" blogs started talking about February but without giving any actual source. There was no official word on a date for the release.

19. Siddharth Bavishi
    Eclair Feb 24, 2017

20. Aditya Rathee
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2017

Aditya Rathee , Feb 24, 2017 :
    Instead of making a good software for more than capable hardware, they just say that OP2 was a failure. Like seriously? Look at the number of units you've sold. It's crazy. So many OP2 users are out there. IMO at this stage you should just deliver awesome support and overcome the shortcomings of the software from 2015 and 2016. Why are you so keen on neglecting the customers? Afterall, OPO made you a global and a popular company but it was the 2 that made you rich.

P.S. I'm sick of the battery woes of this device. How do you manage to drain that 3300mah in such a short time OOS, how?