Guide (Beginner's guide) - Root - ROM's - Recoveries - Kernel's

1. cjthree
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2014

thisguysayswht likes this.
  2. thisguysayswht
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2014

thisguysayswht , Jun 4, 2014 :
    Pinned? not up to me. Oneplus did like it enough to post it on there Facebook page though:). Is it time for a wiki? I always think its time for a wiki :p. Glad you liked it enough to bookmark it:).

3. thisguysayswht
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2014

thisguysayswht , Jun 4, 2014 :
    Sorry, I just saw this, it got burried, its a good question though. It should be possible as long as they didn't ground out the FM receiver. Some manufacturers ground out the FM receiver (make it physically impossible to use without hardware modification), to increase the hits on there own internet radio applications. I can tell you that the snapdragon 801 chipset has a FM receiver in it, whether oneplus grounded it out or not, I don't know. I don't think they would though since there not sold through carriers, and it would not benefit them whatsoever, since there not getting paid from application developers, to promote "bloatware" like most US carriers who sell on contract with locked bootloaders.

FrizeLimao likes this.
  4. andriaveiro
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2014

5. thisguysayswht
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 23, 2014

6. thisguysayswht
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 5, 2014

7. firoz
    KitKat Jul 5, 2014

8. UVBU
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2014

9. karawai
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 6, 2014

karawai , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Really nice and useful post, i didn't know how to root, you make it cristal clear now :) !

10. thisguysayswht
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 6, 2014

thisguysayswht , Jul 6, 2014 :
    No, you cannot sell a device prerooted with Google services on it. It is not difficult to root though, and it will not void the warranty.
    Glad I could help. :)

11. thisguysayswht
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 11, 2014

12. rushib1

rushib1 , Jul 11, 2014 :
    Can we repair a bricked phone?

13. thisguysayswht

thisguysayswht , Jul 11, 2014 :
    No, bricked means irreparable, usually when a phone is truly hard bricked it won't turn on or charge at all. It happens, its quite uncommon though. The most common thing is a bootloop, and this can be repaired by restoring a backup with your custom recovery. Even if your recovery is corrupted you can usually flash it back to life through fastboot.

These things should not be taken lightly though, just make sure you know exactly what your doing, and why you doing it.

14. rushib1

rushib1 , Jul 11, 2014 :
    Ok how can I get my phone bricked I am just asking to prevent from the bricks and what is boot lap?

15. thisguysayswht

A bootloop is when the device will turn on, but it hangs on the bootanimation, so you can't get to the operating system.

To truly hard brick a phone you have to do something like flash a corrupted boot partition, fry your CPU by over clocking it, or flash a ROM designed for a different phone.

16. rushib1

rushib1 , Jul 11, 2014 :
    How to solve bootloop

17. thisguysayswht

:rolleyes::p

18. rushib1

rushib1 , Jul 11, 2014 :
    I had an htc one starting phone very old it was the first htc touch phone it went to boot loop I didn't have the recovery thing

19. brownthunder
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2014

20. thisguysayswht