Behind the scenes at the OnePlus 5T Launch

1. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Nov 14, 2017

ChrisTerp , Nov 14, 2017 :
    I'm still down south in Washington, D.C. writing things up for the day job. Should get some pics up when I make the trek up to NY tomorrow.

meatandy and dsmonteiro like this.
  2. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Nov 14, 2017

meatandy likes this.
  3. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Nov 14, 2017

ChrisTerp , Nov 14, 2017 :
    Shhh, trip on down-low from Mrs. Terp, told her going to NY for a meeting related to new contract. If she found out going there for a phone presentation she'd KILL me :eek:;)

4. marinobiagio
    KitKat Nov 14, 2017

5. jean5550
    Eclair Nov 14, 2017

6. nabeelkh
    Eclair Nov 14, 2017

nabeelkh , Nov 14, 2017 :
    Oneplus finally gets the make over it deserves..

Raspberry scrub to clean out the bugs

And whitening massage to white wash any lies we may have spoken regarding the data

Attached Files:

G_plusone and BeingIncog like this.
  7. BeingIncog
    Nougat Nov 14, 2017

BeingIncog , Nov 14, 2017 :
    LoL

8. Brian Yoon
    Head of User Experience Design Nov 14, 2017

Brian Yoon , Nov 14, 2017 :
    But that video has none of our story. We’re here to MEET and TALK with you.

Salt505, meatandy, ChrisTerp and 5 others like this.
  9. Brian Yoon
    Head of User Experience Design Nov 14, 2017

Brian Yoon , Nov 14, 2017 :
    C’mon. It’s a top secret. I can’t reveal the most powerful weapon we have. I will not answer this question.

David Y., meatandy, ChrisTerp and 4 others like this.
  10. G_plusone
    Nougat Nov 14, 2017

G_plusone , Nov 14, 2017 :
    A OnePlus Laptop lol :D:D

meatandy likes this.
  11. youbi
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Nov 14, 2017

youbi , Nov 14, 2017 :
    But I thought it was a Tablet. :eek::sob::p

And glad that you guys are doing it. :)

Keep those pics and stories coming. This thread is about Oneplus launch event, but especially about the guys that are making it possible. ;)

meatandy, ChrisTerp, script and 2 others like this.
  12. ChloeCheung
    Project Management Staff Member Nov 14, 2017

13. Zero L.
    Product Marketing Nov 14, 2017

youbi, Emmanuel, Deepak.Si and 3 others like this.
  14. ubatman
    Froyo Nov 14, 2017

Padhu10 and G_plusone like this.
  15. script
    Moderator Moderator Nov 14, 2017

script , Nov 14, 2017 :
    Op 6?

meatandy and ChrisTerp like this.
  16. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 14, 2017

johnhart , Nov 14, 2017 :
    Hey Brian Yoon. You're in my old homestead Brooklyn and probably having too much fun for what I'm about to say, but I thought I'd share some thoughts anyway regarding all those various Mac laptops.

Full disclosure: I was Apple only between 1986-2015. Worked for years in the first Apple store. In 2016 I dumped all of it. OnePlus was first my Android (OP3) and I've transitioned to Windows 10 via various Asus Zenbooks.

I hope we can agree that nowadays many iPhone users choose Apple for status. Status of being a 'player'. I live in Los Angeles and most millennial types at coffee bars are Mac Mac Mac when it comes to computers and phones.

It's been fairly obvious that OnePlus would like to break that iPhone habit and steal some users. It worked on me, after all. However --

-- when I look at all those Mac laptops... I see a group of people using status 'player' laptops. Mixed message. Why ask Apple users to ditch iPhone for OnePlus when y'all won't ditch MacBook for PCs? You're saying macOS is better than Windows 10... and by saying that... you're proudly committing to a conflicting eco-system.

I'll be the first to tell you that macOS is way more refined than the current Windows 10. But after a year all-in with Windows I don't miss Macs in the slightest. (I really missed not having hot corners until I discovered the free fix called WinXCorners.)

Windows 10 is still in its infancy (at least design wise) but the way it uses memory compared to a Mac is NO CONTEST. When my 3 year old iMac was in it's last year it was constantly gobbling up the 'meager' 8GBs of memory. My new PC rarely needs more than 4GBs.

Just food for thought. Here's my specific switching experience.

When I was a Mac owner I could only afford an iMac for myself every three years and a MacBook of some sort for my wife every three years. Sure, I wanted a laptop for myself as well but another $1300 on top of the $1500 for the iMac and the same for her laptop? With AppleCare that's like $5000 every 3 years. Too much.

The Core M MacBook ($1299 Brooklyn price) would have been my next Mac for my wife. But as I just explained macOS could really use more than 8GBs of RAM. The next option is 16 and that's $200 more. So now with a $1499 laptop I'd recommend AppleCare to protect your investment (which is why you heard me refer to keeping a Mac three years). That grand total (depending upon taxes) puts us within $1900. And in that picture I'm certain there are some MacBook Pros that cost way more than this.

Sticking with my needs what if you tried a Zenbook instead? Mac lovers already know that spec to spec comparisons don't quite work, but having been such a user, I can tell you the ZenBook Flip 2 in 1 is very similar to the Core M MacBook. The screen is a bit better on MacBook, but the Flip has twice the storage. With Windows you don't need 16GBs of RAM. The cost of said Zenbook is $679 or $740ish with taxes. With Square Trade extended warranty the total cost is $865. Mind you some may not bother with extended warranty since you're buying a laptop that is less than half the cost of the MacBook.

Still -- at $865 how many OnePlus 5s can a person buy with the savings? Two. That's right. Dump Mac and ecosystem and two OnePlus phones are 'on the house'.

Just sayin'. Oh, and yes, now I own a desktop VivoMini PC & a laptop for less than one Mac. Because I 'get it' now.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017

17. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Nov 14, 2017

Salt505, youbi, pa5t1s and 2 others like this.
  18. Jardani
    KitKat Nov 14, 2017

Jardani , Nov 14, 2017 :
    You don't say...

19. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Nov 14, 2017

20. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Nov 14, 2017