Behind the Scenes: Life at OnePlus

1. Hee H.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 25, 2019

Hee H. , Sep 25, 2019 :
    O(∩_∩)O Good luck, buddy!

2. B.I.T.S.
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 25, 2019 :
    Thank you!!! I'll be happy just participating, as usual, but dreaming about the goodies is always great too.
    Thanks for all the great work you do!!

3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Sep 25, 2019

Cheetosdust , Sep 25, 2019 :
    Many thanks for that beautiful, beautiful (!) photo of @dsmonteiro ;)

I'm always amazed by your persuasive powers - I swear he's two-three trips away from wearing a bee costume. And there's only one person that can make him dress like that - you, @Crystal Z.

To you, @dsmonteiro, my fancy Carmen Miranda, many thanks for wearing that awesome hat. I could comment on the big, bright red balls you have on your head, I could make a joke about how you look like a walking bingo machine, I could even comment on how your fancy hat matches your t-shirt.

In my darkest hour, I could even write you are such a cute little princess, wearing her crown with a pearl for each tiny frog she kissed. I'm not going to, however, that's how much I like you, my walking Christmas tree.

I'm mature this morning, oh so mature, so I'm not going to write any of that. Instead, I'm just going to thank you again for being that awesome and such a good sport. It takes courage to be photographed like that and, judging by your head, you have so many pairs of it. :D

This is the face @dsmonteiro made when he realized I was going to see and comment these photos.

The pure and unadulterated face of regret. In his mind, I can see him repeating the words "please don't say I look like a fancy Carmen Miranda, please don't say I look like a fancy Carmen Miranda, please don't say I look like a fancy Carmen Miranda".

And if you don't know who Carmen Miranda is, well...

[​IMG]

:D

4. Hee H.

Hee H. , Sep 25, 2019 :
    @dsmonteiro told me you two are from the same city but never met each other~ A mysterious guy @Cheetosdust

5. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2019

YRJ , Sep 25, 2019 :
    Maybe, just maybe. If they finally unite we will have a picture of them both donning those magnificent hats!
    Ofc, it would spark a controversy on 'Who wore it better?' but I assume it's all gonna be worth it, don't you think?

As of now, I really think that dsmonteiro is killing it :p :D

6. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Sep 25, 2019

Cheetosdust , Sep 25, 2019 :
    That is indeed true - we are from the same city, we never met and he is a mysterious man. ;)

He is also a great inspiration for me. I already wrote this somewhere, but I lurked the forums since 2014, but never posted during those days. His review of the OnePlus 5T was actually one of the main reasons for me to start posting.

He showed me what a good piece of content can be and what an assertive member is. Even today he is someone I look up to. His English is impressive, he knows a lot about a lot of things and he works really, really hard.

Not going to tag him, because he doesn’t need to know all this. So yeah, I write a lot of jokes about him/us, but I admire the guy and the forums are very lucky to have someone like him.

My point is: you can and you should blame him for everything bad I write. :D

7. B.I.T.S.
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 25, 2019 :
    We don't need to wait for that... I added the hat to my Cheeto portrait. Accurate enough :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20190925-104534__01.jpg

P.S. I cropped the embarrassing part of the original portrait @Cheetosdust how nice I am huh?

8. Hee H.

Hee H. , Sep 25, 2019 :
    He works really, really hard --- Indeed, @dsmonteiro landed in Shenzhen early in the morning. He did not go to hotel to have a rest. Rather he came to OnePlus HQ to work at 7 AM! He stayed awake for almost 24 h!!! Right now he is fighting the jet lag with coffee~~

9. Hee H.

Hee H. , Sep 25, 2019 :
    hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

10. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 25, 2019

11. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Sep 25, 2019

12. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 25, 2019

youbi , Sep 25, 2019 :
    Now the mystery hat is explained, I bet you and the rest of the CM team told @dsmonteiro that the tradition in China to fight against jet lag is to use that nice hat. :p

I bet that it actually works, since every time he starts to fall a sleep the hat surely will wake him up again. :D

13. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2019

14. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2019

YRJ , Sep 25, 2019 :
    Indeed. Looks like the real thing, although I don't know what he looks like, I have a feeling that a cross between Alan Moore and Cheetos would look dope!

15. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Sep 25, 2019

Wonderwoman13 , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 25, 2019 :
    yes Alan Moore with cheetos, like his selfie I made......the bathtub selfie.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

16. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2019

YRJ , Sep 25, 2019 :
    NSFW content is prohibited :rolleyes: :D

17. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2019

18. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Sep 25, 2019

Wonderwoman13 , Sep 25, 2019 :
    Exactly like how I know, which one you use:rolleyes:

Starcommander, B.I.T.S. and YRJ like this.
  19. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2019

YRJ , Sep 25, 2019 :
    I used the app for only that one message. Back on the browser, just cannot :tearsofjoy: