Behind the scenes, the lab aspirations via OnePlus Community App

1. Ptolemymicheal , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 18, 2021 :
    This thread is dedicated to everyone who Applied for this year's edition of the lab, tell us all about your processes and what you did to apply for the first phase of the lab. I also want to use this opportunity to encourage everyone to still apply for the second phase of the lab and other editions coming in the future, do not relent just because you weren't picked this time, I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time some of this year's winners applied
    Again, a big congratulations to this year's lab recruit

@ejyu
    @Isab3lla
    @Kurt_Paris
    @Anklang
    @naveenjafer
    @Nipu_1998
    @PhotoPicker
    @TheBlitz7
    @LukasBxy
    @MarkSpurrell
    @jlasensiofi
    @Ronin-hc
    @LucasM6
    @Vigneshxchan
    @F_Sulaimaan_Aslam_zVXk

Everyone in the community rejoices with you. Being picked for the lab is a great honour, not only because you get to receive the phone of the year for free, but also because out of the multiple entries, yours has been picked with confidence that you are capable of doing justice to the review of the upcoming phones. This year the 15 of you have beaten a whopping 20,158 other entries, a very impressive feat.

3. Ptolemymicheal , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 18, 2021 :
    As for my personal experience, I found this year's edition much better than previous ones, I liked the fact that we weren't limited to 250 words, it's just not enough, but at the same time I struggled with limiting what I wrote so it doesn't become overly long(being considerate of the judges), I ended up with around 700 words and I still had alot to say. I submitted very close to deadline because It was hard to get good photos to submit, I will share to crazy story about the photo of an apple I took, but that will be when I share the photos in a similar thread like this (after the lab is completed).... what's your story?

4. F_Sulaimaan_Aslam_zVXk
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Mar 18, 2021

F_Sulaimaan_Aslam_zVXk , Mar 18, 2021 :
    Hi guys, I was so surprised to be picked. This was the first competition I've ever entered in my entire life and I was really not expecting anything from my application. Since I had never done this before, I just wrote my review as a stream of consciousness straight into the textbox on the application page. Sadly it means I cannot send my review on here for others to learn from. I was reviewing my one plus 7 pro, and I was highly critical and made many critiques but I also waxed lyrical about the parts of this phone I enjoyed. I'm an amateur photographer and so the majority of my review was based on the camera, and all the ways I wanted the hardware and software to change. I have an interest in technology but not a huge one, and there were very few specific specifications I picked out in my review. My categories were Camera, System, Display, and Design, but 75% of my review was on the camera. I have uploaded the pictures I uploaded which were all taken on my one plus 7 pro and edited on Snapseed.

Attached Files:

5. F_Sulaimaan_Aslam_zVXk

6. jlasensiofi

jlasensiofi , Mar 18, 2021 :
    The truth is that yes, it is incredible to think that with the number of applications we have been selected. An achievement and a privilege :hearteyes:

Congratulations to all and thank you

7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 20, 2021

dsmonteiro , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Interesting discussion @Ptolemymicheal!

I'm adding it to Recommended. Hopefully people can share their own experiences, and discuss strategies for upcoming editions.

@Isab3lla and @naveenjafer shared what they believe led to their selection, this might be a good conversation starter:
    How I got selected for the OnePlus 9 Lab?
    My 2 cents at cracking the OnePlus Lab - OP9 Lab

8. H.S.S
    Honeycomb Mar 20, 2021

Bouncer71, Karun Deep and MosheG1 like this.
  9. AjmalAksar
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2021

Karun Deep likes this.
  10. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Mar 20, 2021

11. Q1613123931673
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2021

buntycubal likes this.
  12. Pranit Sonigra
    Froyo Mar 20, 2021

Pranit Sonigra , via OnePlus Nord , Mar 20, 2021 :
    I did a review about OnePlus buds z but since I still haven't turned 18 I can't get selected but here's my review if anybody wants to read

I must admit that I have used a lot of wired and Bluetooth neckband earphones, but I had never employed wireless earphones extensively and I was excited to try out the OnePlus Buds z. It has been around 5 months since I commenced using them and the experience has been complicated so far. In this review, I aim to critically assess the usability and aesthetics of these buds. One might say that sound is the most fundamental element and I partially agree with this, but if the earbuds don’t fit the consumer well, then premium audio is redundant.
    USABILITY
    I believe that the position of the buds within the case is erroneous and should have been the reverse. This wrong position hampers the high-end experience the brand is attempting to create. Speaking of the case, the shape is on the point and it effortlessly comes out of my pocket. It amazed me with the google fast pair technology and the quick switch feature which worked 9 out of 10 times. Connectivity issues are minimal and the Bluetooth range is good contemplating the low latency which obstructs the range of most Bluetooth devices. This low latency comes to aid when gaming, primarily FPS ones.
    TOUCH CONTROLS
    The capacitive buttons don’t accept touches 3 out of 10 times, and even though the buds are affixed to my ears, the music playback abruptly ends with the tiniest movement.
    AESTHETICS
    As far as the looks are concerned, they look nice, and I am delighted that the design is distinctive. Also, I desired that these had a matte finish. Because of it being nonexistent, it easily amasses fingerprints and dust. People who have sweaty hands like me would be even more vexed as time flies by, they get filthy, and cleaning them is a mess.
    SUMMING UP
    To encapsulate, these buds provide incredible sound quality which balances out all the shortcomings of these buds and places them under the radar of many shoppers who want a good pair of wireless earphones without jeopardizing the sound quality.

13. Ptolemymicheal , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Thank you very much, I'm happy you like the idea

MosheG1, KaranRIyer and McJader like this.
  14. KaranRIyer
    KitKat Mar 20, 2021

15. O. Priya
    Honeycomb Mar 20, 2021

O. Priya , Mar 20, 2021 :
    That will be really good. We will get to learn something new. Nice discussion thread. 👍🏻

16. Vedant shaha
    Froyo Mar 20, 2021

Vedant shaha , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 20, 2021 :
    I've been applying for the lab on and off since the OnePlus 5t launched, I really believe one day I'll make the cut and get a chance to make a difference with my reviews, the struggle goes on..

This is a very good thing OnePlus started even if very few people win we do learn a lot, I did.

Funny story, I gave two reviews this time, the first my dumb *** didn't realise that the limit was 10000 characters and not 1000 so I rushed my review and I'm sure I had done a pretty sloppy job, later when I realised this the next day I thought about giving it another try, poured my heart into it and got the review pretty much how I wanted it to be... better luck next timeeee

18. Vinay Raghvani
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2021

19. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2021