Being able to delete YouTube and other Google apps via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. loxal
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2021

loxal , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 5, 2021 :
    ...would be great. Otherwise I could also just use Google Pixel phones. Increasingly more people want to get rid of G dependencies. This is probably one of the main reasons why people do not want to buy a G phone. I know, Android is being developed by G but there is the OSS core that can be developed by any other vendor too.

2. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2021

Max.Mar , Dec 5, 2021 :
    You don't know anything do you?
    All the OEMs are required to include GApps in their OS to get approved by the Google and only after that they can officially roll out the updates because the base is provided by the G..you might heard of Android. G has the monopoly over this. No OEMs can provide an update without it being approved by G. That's why they must include it in their OS.
    And if you don't want GApps then you can flash a custom ROM from open developers. This is the only option, if you don't want GApps.

Afzal Khan, Qazi.Rza and haildarkseid like this.
  3. loxal
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2021

loxal , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 5, 2021 :
    Looks like a community with friendly people. 😂
    I have developed and sold Android apps on Google Play Store 8 years ago as you were living at your parents' home. I know G' s policies quite well and I know that there is an open source core of Android that anyone can take without asking Google or paying them anything. This is why Huawei has versions without G apps. said:
    So before spewing half-facts do your homework first.

haildarkseid likes this.