Best rom for oneplus 5

1. vinodh_dasari
    Froyo Feb 16, 2018

vinodh_dasari , Feb 16, 2018 :
    hi guys

I am really frustrated with the OnePlus oxygen os , so many bugs no solution .(I am not using any beta version)

raised more than one bug to the team no one is responding from Last 4 months still finding issue, I provided logs sent mails , following them every time and the only answer is we are working on it .. I am a developer I can understand pain of developer how difficult it to reproduce specific bugs that's y I gave everything I got ..

all I asked them just gave some temporary solution at least so that my phone can work .. it always goes to silent mode . I was missing so many important calls .. all of sudden I see my mobile 4 missed calls .. I don't know what happened with slider it always set silent profile .

out of all this frustration I decided to move to custom rom , which can give me basic call ringing and outgoing calls functionality so that I won't miss important stuff

please suggest any best stable room which integrates well with op5 .

thanks all

FYI: I am not a Android developer

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018

G_Ethan_Wayman_EkZL likes this.
  2. Q1508649475849
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2018

3. ShredMeister
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2018

ShredMeister , Feb 16, 2018 :
    Problems with slider? Sounds more like something might be wrong with your phone, I have never had that issue and have not seen other people complaining about it.

dwfmba and Twisster like this.
  4. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Feb 16, 2018

Themurtuza , Feb 16, 2018 :
    You are developer your self, it doesn't sound like a bug at all, the way you are describing your alert slider is giving you problem, it looks like a hardware button problem..

5. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Feb 16, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Feb 16, 2018 :
    The silent issue was only there since the last update, not before that. And it's been acknowledged already.

6. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Feb 16, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Feb 16, 2018 :
    He meant the way it was behaving, not that it actually is.

Themurtuza likes this.
  7. ShredMeister
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2018

ShredMeister , Feb 16, 2018 :
    Well, the original post talks about extreme frustration, so many bugs and no solution... Then he mentioned just one which I don't have and like I said, I have not seen that many complaints about it. Immediately it makes the whole claim of extremely buggy software and little or no support difficult to believe.

So how would a developer come to think it is a bug, if a bug, by definition, would affect most or all devices under the same version?

I don't know, perhaps it is a bug, but sounds more like something very specific that could have something to do with his setup or apps, or something like that.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018

8. Vansh99
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Feb 16, 2018

Vansh99 , Feb 16, 2018 :
    If you're a developer yourself, I think you should know how to search for the "best" ROM aka the ROM most convenient for you.

Jadeja00 likes this.
  9. vinodh_dasari
    Froyo Feb 17, 2018

vinodh_dasari , Feb 17, 2018 :

idkwhoiam322

The silent issue was only there since the last update, not before that. And it's been acknowledged already.​

acknowledged !?? can I know who will do that and where we can find all acknowledged bugs

10. vinodh_dasari
    Froyo Feb 17, 2018

acknowledged !?? can I know who will do that and where we can find all acknowledged bugs

11. vinodh_dasari
    Froyo Feb 17, 2018

do a search in forum I am sure you will find a lot bugs.

12. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Feb 17, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Feb 17, 2018 :
    David Y. forwarded the bug, there is no place you can see acknowledged bugs.

13. vinodh_dasari
    Froyo Feb 17, 2018

who all are thinking it is a hardware issue please read this

as I don't want tell my entire issue in the. post I just gave a lil description

my slider issue is:

if I slide towards up, the phone turns to silent mode. the phone remains in silent mode, if I slide to do not disturb mode and ring mode.

after some time, the phone automatically switches between ring mode and silent mode. but the slider remains in downward position.

Even though u don't touch the slider it changes to ring mode and silent mode and continuously . It won't stop in one place (either ring mode or silent mode) which is quite irritating .

If it stops in any one mode I can adjust my profile accordingly but it keeps on changing and resetting my values ..

14. daMorphine
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2018

15. ŠtapniMikser
    Froyo Apr 27, 2018

ŠtapniMikser , Apr 27, 2018 :
    Well, even tho the thread is a "little bit old", I'm still looking for the same answer.
    So far, noone gave an actual answer, but only rants.
    If anyone tested any rom and can provide quick information for which rom is worth flashing, I'd be thankful.

runs back to work

16. HaroldNL
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2018

HaroldNL , Apr 27, 2018 :
    Resurrection was my favorite on my previous phones.
    Resurrection for the 5t seems to work fine too...
    See xda forum.
    Edit:
    Oops, sorry, your on the 5 and not the 5t.