best sound module for OnePlus 3t?

1. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 9, 2017

2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 9, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 9, 2017 :
    Which is better? Perform a basic search to see if this has been discussed repeatedly before, or just say screw it and create yet another thread.

dsmonteiro, DrAakash and nemani22 like this.
  3. Sudipkumarc
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2017

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 9, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 9, 2017 :
    oh. I did that. didn't find one.

as always, never a straight forward answer from you.

5. G_Scott_Frappier_vonh
    Donut May 9, 2017

G_Scott_Frappier_vonh , May 9, 2017 :
    How is this type of reply helpful? How does this help a member of the forum find the information they need, or guide them to search, or even prove that there are threads that contain an answer?

If you don't have constructive evidence to back up your snarky statements, or if you just don't want to help, refrain from posting as it just alienates you from the community. That's not who we are as a community and when someone needs help, we'll step up where you fail.

6. G_Scott_Frappier_vonh
    Donut May 9, 2017

Don't let him spoil your day, there are plenty other intelligent people here that already know the positivity he exudes...(sarcasm)

7. Sudipkumarc

Sudipkumarc , May 9, 2017 :
    Calm down guys!!! Let the day begin on a positive note!! Enjoy and have a great one ;)

8. G_Scott_Frappier_vonh
    Donut May 9, 2017

Will do Sudi - appreciated :)

9. G_parth_chaniyara_QEdI
    Froyo May 9, 2017

G_parth_chaniyara_QEdI , May 9, 2017 :
    dolby atmos is perfect... but .. i can't make it so dobly sound equiliser is the least can run on phone. . but it didn't make much difference...with my Bluetooth

also. . the OP3T is working flat with BT . i Never had experienced that bass booster, hip hop , dance.... just every music is almost run at the same eq.

so also need to work on it.

op can tie up with dolby or beats for the upcoming devices or we can get in our devices too... that will be hilarious [e]1f602[/e]

10. elanglois
    Lollipop May 9, 2017

elanglois , May 9, 2017 :
    First Atmos is liked by people that find Viper confusing. If you want "make my bass boom" and you don't need quality and don't know the difference between a compressor and an equalizer, Atmos is for you. Please understand that it's not really Atmos. True Dolby of any kind requires specially encoded source material. Without that, you are not listening to Dolby but rather just some simulator effect with the Dolby name on it. It sounds fake and overprocessed. I hate it! The benefits of Atmos over regular surround are totally lost on a phone. You are getting the Atmos app, not real Atmos (although test apps show Atmos encoding works, its just pointless on a phone and also rare).

Viper is for people that want to tweak the audio to get the best sound quality possible. The sound quality you can achieve is amazing without any over processed artifacts. You can tune specifically for your device and push that device to its limits. I run Viper on all my devices, including my car head unit.

11. elanglois
    Lollipop May 9, 2017

Please don't request Dolby or Beats on the OnePlus. These are licensed technologies and they sound horrible. This will increase the cost of the phone for everyone and its a total waste. Just root your phone and install from XDA.

Beats is even worse. It's low quality and just a name based on silly endorsements. It's now owned by Apple. Do you really want OnePlus to pay part of the money you pay them to Apple? I'd rather not

antwan.reynolds likes this.
  12. ebabbitt69
    Gingerbread May 9, 2017

ebabbitt69 , May 9, 2017 :
    or you could cry about it like this guy

13. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 9, 2017

don't know the type of music you listen, but these are the settings that seems to provide the best sound for me:

Preset Equalizer - R&B
    PlaybackAGC - enabled; slight effect; max gain 4x; max output-1.9db
    Spectrum extension - enabled; strength 0.7
    Curetech Audio - enabled; slight binaural level
    Master Gate - output Gain - 6.0 db

everything else is disabled.

any suggestions?

14. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 9, 2017

15. G_krishnamurti_upadhyay_
    Cupcake May 9, 2017

16. Sudipkumarc

Try this guide, it explains everything nicely https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-how-to-install-viper4android-on-oneplus-3-nougat.488131/

In a simple term yes you flash the zip file, extract profiles and put it into root Viper folder and you are done. You can disable any other audio mods./tuner before that.

Hope this helps! Thanks!

17. elanglois
    Lollipop May 9, 2017

Totally depends on your listening device. I use different profiles for my big speakers, car, and use 2 settings for the headphones.

I use bullets as the headphones. I really like the Joe Meeks compressor (you have to download the IR file for the convolver) and usually use a touch of reverb with bass and clarity enhancers and the dynamics enhancer.

I don't use the EQ at all in most of my presets. And AGC control is a form of compression, so Joe Meeks and AGC shouldn't be used at once.

If you use bullets, I can ZIP up my Viper directory and stick it on my Google drive. In fact ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9a4c293xQN_OUZ0Ui04THo0TWM/view?usp=drivesdk

Just decompress to internal store and merge with existing Viper folder. Its a big download because it has a LOT of IR files for the convolver and DDC files to support extra headphones.

On OOS, I gave the EQ flat but the bullets v2 enhancer turned on. It plays well with my presets in Viper. However, the effect is slight and missed much now that I use Phoenix, but if I find out how to make a DDC out of the OOS enhancer I'll make a thread :)

18. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 9, 2017

hahaha. like I understood any of what you said here. thanks for the link though. I will really need to spend time to understand all of these.

do you have a website or YouTube channel?

if not, you may want to set up one!

19. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 9, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 9, 2017 :
    I must have been away when you were elected president of the forum. Pretty arrogant for someone who joined today to start dictating standards of behaviour, just wait until you've been around for a couple of months to see how well your hippy ideals and your sunny attitude hold up to the endless slog through interminable repeat threads.

20. Sudipkumarc

If @elanglois has some spare then he should seriously consider this. He will be a hit 4sure!!