Beta to stable.

1. Rishabh.bhoma1 Donut Jul 23, 2019

Rishabh.bhoma1, Jul 23, 2019 :
    i had recently installed oneplus beta update on my oneplus 5t.But today i saw a news regarding stable oxygen 9.0.7 update,so i wanted to go to stable.when i tried to update i was prompted up with the dialogue saying that unable to downgrade.So i wanted to ask if i postpone my plan for moving to stable from beta update to time when android q releases for oneplus 5t,will i be able to move to stable rom without losing any kind of data.even now i am able to move to stable but in order to do that i will have to wash my hands with all my data.I just want to retain my data and wanted to move to stable.So should my wait till android q pay me with retaining my data?I know it will take around 8-10 months for oneplus 5t android q release.But i have to wait to keep my data intact.Please give me suggestions whether waiting for android q will help me to retain my data as well as to move to android stable version.Thank you[e]2660[/e]️

Ricardo Cavalcanti likes this.
  2. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jul 23, 2019

B_Wrath, Jul 23, 2019 :
    All beta related queries must be done on the beta thread.
    That is expected out of any competent beta tester.

Arjun Choudhry, Nick 59 and Dresa91 like this.
  3. Rishabh.bhoma1 Donut Jul 23, 2019

which is beta thread?

4. Arjun Choudhry Gingerbread Jul 23, 2019

Arjun Choudhry, Jul 23, 2019 :
    Nope. Even when you move from beta to Android Q stable, which is atleast a few months away, you will have to perform a factory reset. It is clearly mentioned in the Open Beta threads, and any beta tester should have definitely paid attention to it.

5. Rishabh.bhoma1 Donut Jul 23, 2019

my bad luck.i had not read any instructions

6. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jul 23, 2019

B_Wrath, Jul 23, 2019 :
    Where did you download the beta package from?

7. Rishabh.bhoma1 Donut Jul 23, 2019

8. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jul 23, 2019

B_Wrath, Jul 23, 2019 :
    Not bad luck. It's just sheer ignorance.

9. Arjun Choudhry Gingerbread Jul 23, 2019

Arjun Choudhry, Jul 23, 2019 :
    Always read instructions before flashing a new software version on your phone. There are certain risks of using beta software, which are mentioned in the Open Beta threads.

HalCapone and Rishabh.bhoma1 like this.