Better Camera app , with revamped algorithm to process images & software improvement of camera app.

1. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

Themurtuza , Oct 24, 2017 :
    I guess oneplus must be aware of the modded google camera app doing round in circulation & most ppl using on their oneplus 5,3t,3 to get better n far superior image quality from their device camera. Just wish oneplus takes cues from this app , clarity n image quality is far far far better of images with google cam than OnePlus stock camera app , there is no doubt about it .

If superior quality image can be taken from same oneplus 5 or oneplus 3t camera with help of Google modded cam app than it shows oneplus 5 ,3t & 3 has superb capable hardware for their camera , but its software of their Camera app which makes performance of camera sub par or sub standard .

So plz improve or revamp camera app in future updates , bcoz its high time we need better performance out of our camera, its a shame that such capable camera doing below par performance due to crap camera app .

2. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

I guess oneplus must be aware of the modded google camera app doing round in circulation & most ppl using on their oneplus 5,3t,3 to get better n far superior image quality from their device camera. Just wish oneplus takes cues from this app , clarity n image quality is far far far better of images with google cam than OnePlus stock camera app , there is no doubt about it .

If superior quality image can be taken from same oneplus 5 or oneplus 3t camera with help of Google modded cam app than it shows oneplus 5 ,3t & 3 has superb capable hardware for their camera , but its software of their Camera app which makes performance of camera sub par or sub standard .

So plz improve or revamp camera app in future updates , bcoz its high time we need better performance out of our camera, its a shame that such capable camera doing below par performance due to crap camera app .

3. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

4. saladinayubi69
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2017

saladinayubi69 , Oct 24, 2017 :
    you're right...can u tell me version/link of that modded Google camera app..would be much thankful...

Themurtuza likes this.
  5. guozy2001
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2017

guozy2001 , Oct 24, 2017 :
    I use HQ instead of HDR+ in dark scenes, because it produces less noise. and OnePlus cannot simply "take" the algorithm from the app or it will get sued by Google.

mihirk460 and dsmonteiro like this.
  6. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 24, 2017

ghostofcain , Oct 24, 2017 :
    Or YOU could simply use the Google camera

AcmE85 and Sun90 like this.
  7. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

Too buggy for me , unusually long shutter lag time , freezes many times , wont swipe away from notifications tray even if i close the app.
    Its been ported to oneplus which made exclusively for Google Pixel so its obvious it will misbehaves.
    so if it will be stable n smooth than definitely i would have stuck with it. that is the reason im praying that oneplus takes cues from that app n make their own.app better.

8. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

i used 4.4 n 3.8 , while image quality was awesome , app.was unstable behaving on oneplus 5 , obviously as it was ported from pixel .

saladinayubi69 likes this.
  9. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

i agree with u. but this app right now is definitely not the one oneplus should paid their superb camera pair with. not ditto copy of google , but this whole episode gave us an idea that its app of camera is at fault not lens quality or hardware of camera . so make new better app n get rid of this one.

10. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 24, 2017

Don't know which build you're using, but I don't recognise any of those issues with the ones I've tried.

vishvanjay and Sun90 like this.
  11. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

12. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

13. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 24, 2017

This may be the issue the builds I've tried have been specifically ported to OP3, not sure who's doing the OP5 builds.

Wow that's quite old try a more recent build, there are builds specifically optimised for op3.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017

Sun90 likes this.
  14. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

Will u plz send link here , the build u r using.

15. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 24, 2017

Sun90 , Oct 24, 2017 :
    Are you having op3 or 5

16. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

17. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 24, 2017

Sun90 , Oct 24, 2017 :
    Then don't.
    As it's not been optimized for it.
    Works fine with 3 and 3t though.

But still you can have a look at the op5 section of XDA and see.

18. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

Plz let me know , if u stumble across the link for OP5 optimised .
    see this is the reason Oneplus should consider camera app make over.
    We have stout camera n still we are finding links for google camera app.

19. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 24, 2017

Why are you posting this on OP3(T) threads?

Sun90 likes this.
  20. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2017

bcoz on OP5 everyone is busy in oreo update threads , plus this camera issue is not only limited to OP5 its more of a general issue.