Better camera APP

1. segnini75
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

2. qnub
    Froyo Aug 8, 2014

qnub , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Ok, i've vote for it. "Take advantajes of lenses / in chip HDR." it's like HDR+ in Google Camera or something else?

3. segnini75
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

segnini75 , Aug 8, 2014 :
    The chip provided by sony for their lenses have the capability of doing spectacular HDR images. Instead of that, CyanogenMod are doing everything via software and the result is bad image quality.

4. vignesh
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

5. pac757
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

pac757 , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Has anyone tried using the Google Camera app? If so, was it better than the CM stock app?

6. Videian
    Froyo Aug 8, 2014

Videian , Aug 8, 2014 :
    I use both, definitely better for panorama and photosphere, auto seems the same.

qnub and pac757 like this.
  7. epresnell1
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

8. pac757
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

pac757 , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Thanks

9. Videian
    Froyo Aug 8, 2014

Videian , Aug 8, 2014 :
    BTW, please do change the software to use the hardware capabilities of this sensor, seems half baked. I've come to expect this from Android (half baked) . Please be the exception, there's a reason I've been with Apple for years, they don't do "half baked".

armmani2001 likes this.
  10. kingkoolkris
    Eclair Aug 8, 2014

kingkoolkris , Aug 8, 2014 :
    The CM11 camera 11 app is lacking, it's jerky and when you do fast movements the picture even gets stuck for miliseconds.
    Was the same with CM11 on my HTC One X previously.

11. JorgeDiesel
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

JorgeDiesel , Aug 8, 2014 :
    I flashed the Sony Smart Social app on my One, and the preview is much much better, as fluid as seen on the Z2. So....what's up with that?

12. deuse
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2014

13. segnini75
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

segnini75 , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Someone can take the z2 video app and upload it? is the best app for slow motion recording.

jmpxupi and Pranav Phatak like this.
  14. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2014

megatomic , Aug 8, 2014 :
    I use Google Camera app, but my issue is not with HDR implementation it's with picture quality in general. If I take identical pictures with the OPO app and the Google app, the visual quality of the picture produced by the OPO app is inferior to that of the Google app. If I check the details of each resultant file, the filesize of the OPO picture is less than half of the filesize of the Google picture. Is there a commonly known explanation for this that I haven't seen yet?

urpoxi, Pranav Phatak and vignesh like this.
  15. vignesh
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

vignesh , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Yes it is ! me too not sure why it is happening ...
    From my observation the problem in OPO is ISO, In Auto ISO mode it is taking Higher ISO that's why the picture quality looks bad and even Very bad in low light situation (without flash) ... bright light or with manual ISO the photos are good.
    I believe they need to do a better work with the camera App as most of the Phones in the market makes better impression with there camera... as OPO have superior hardware it should do a better job with it!!!

One more problem the Video starts to record immediately after switching to video mode & no option to change settings in video mode, Planning to raise a bug any observation ,note or comments !

Pranav Phatak likes this.
  16. squishy
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

squishy , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Does photosphere work outside of Google or Android in any way? How do you save these to off device libraries etc?

17. batwingnz
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

batwingnz , Aug 11, 2014 :
    In the OPO (CM11S) app if you have set quality to 100% it is actually much lower quality than 95% for some reason. 95% has double the file size of 100%

18. Pranav Phatak
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

19. rolleroo
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

rolleroo , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Surely you get what you pay for to some extent? There has to be some trade off when you charge so little for a phone. Perhaps the poor pictures are a function of the cheaper camera?

20. noone1
    Donut Aug 11, 2014

noone1 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Can someone explain to me how the photo mode's work? At the top it shows a circle with a line though it and says Auto. Then there are a list of modes that activate when I press one, but they also have these circles next to them in which multiple can be selected.

I don't understand what clicking the circles does. Any help is appreciated.

brum and Pranav Phatak like this.