Better Dual SIM Management.

?

Would it be nice to have better Dual SIM management in OP devices?

1. Yes

96.6%
  2. No

3.4%
  1. saahill
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2016

saahill , Oct 24, 2016 :
    Hi there,

I would like to suggest a better Dual SIM management system in the Oneplus devices like the one which comes in the Moto phones. With the Basic and advanced,etc. options. That is a really useful and a handy feature. I don't think so whether it'll be much of a detour from the stock AOSP UI or considered as a bloat.

fastmugen88, bouissar and Konstantine like this.
  2. zehar.salem
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2016

zehar.salem , Oct 24, 2016 :
    Well dual SIM is a major phone feature for me and would like if they improve the DS management. Agreed with your statement

fastmugen88, jchainho and saahill like this.
  3. saahill
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2016

jchainho likes this.
  4. Versed
    Honeycomb Nov 30, 2016

Versed , Nov 30, 2016 :
    I agree totally, I have an Axon 7. In the drop down menu, you can choose which sim you wish to use, just by touching, no having to go into the settings for data, or in the phone or messaging app to make a choice. With one touch on either of the active sim icon's, you switch. Maybe with the Nougat update similar method would be available.

5. sczsaroj
    Donut Jan 9, 2017

sczsaroj , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Hi friends,
    Is there a way to put a diferent ringtone with each SIM?
    I know in Oxygen OS 2.2.1 it was possible, but I can't find the same way in 3.0.2 and after.
    Any idea?
    Thanks.

6. G_Mr_....
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2017

G_Mr_.... , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Yes in settings

7. G_Mr_....
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2017

8. sebspiers
    Donut Jan 9, 2017

sebspiers , Jan 9, 2017 :
    I've just started using the dual SIM function and have to say on the whole I'm very happy. I'd like a quicker way to switch data over between the cards though.

bouissar likes this.
  9. sczsaroj
    Donut Jan 9, 2017

sczsaroj , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Hi again,
    in OOS 3.1.0 I can't find this.
    Is it a new feature in 3.5.6?
    Thanks

10. sczsaroj
    Donut Jan 9, 2017

sczsaroj , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Hi again,
    in OOS 3.1.0 I can't find this.
    Is it a new feature in 3.5.6?
    Thanks

11. G_Mr_....
    Jelly Bean Jan 10, 2017

G_Mr_.... , Jan 10, 2017 :
    Hi, I'm on 4.0.1 Nougat.

12. Mukesh2293
    Donut Jan 10, 2017

Mukesh2293 , Jan 10, 2017 :
    There is already a toggle button available for switching data between the 2 SIM cards, you just need to bring it in the UI. Just swipe down the notification panel, swipe it down further, click on pencil icon and brind "Switch data card" toggle icon in the panel.

13. sebspiers
    Donut Jan 10, 2017

bouissar likes this.
  14. Rajneesh kumar sharma
    Eclair Jan 10, 2017

15. r7bhaya
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2017

16. F_Piotr_Ochocki_AJRu
    Donut Jan 10, 2017

17. lexuselk
    Donut Jan 10, 2017

lexuselk , Jan 10, 2017 :
    Incoming call source SIM notification way proposed in 3.1.0 was much better than now at 3.5.6. After different color assignment to SIM - wide strap on incoming call screen was more noticeable than very little sim icon...

18. sczsaroj
    Donut Jan 16, 2017

19. G_Violaknight1989_Viola_
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2017

G_Violaknight1989_Viola_ , Jan 16, 2017 :
    i agree .
    there's a little work to do with dual sim managment .
    for example , different color as option for sim 1 or sim 2 to make the difference quicker . sometimes can dial in hurry and not notice that you make the call from wrong sim .

20. samson241
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2017

samson241 , Mar 25, 2017 :
    I agree completely with the opening post. I have had the phone for a few months now, and the worst experience has to be the dual SIM one. I expected it to behave exactly the same as a Motorola Moto G (my mistake in hindsight), because I thought the behaviour was pure Android, but now I realise that it was a custom Motorola phone app. Motorola really should be making it a bigger point in their marketing because they nailed it: it remembers your default SIM selection per contact, it gives you a moment to switch from the default SIM after it has chosen it for you when you dial, it lets you choose colours for the SIM and makes that the background of the in call screen so it's clear which SIM you are using, it doesn't have many more settings than that to keep it simple. I have been trying to make the OnePlus 3T behave like the Moto G for months, and now I have decided to just accept the OnePlus dual SIM selection for what it is.

I have tried every phone and dual SIM app and widget out there and they simply do not integrate perfectly with the phone. And this is the core phone app so I expect it to be perfect. Alternate phone apps do not look or feel pure Android, and miss out on essential features like global Exchange address book search, so I have to keep going back to these built-in apps, which look so much cleaner. Dual SIM Selector is a popular workaround, but it has a complicated UI and it works by interrupting the standard phone call after it has been made, so you always see a little of SIM 1 calling before you see the SIM selection screen. And when you dial in the phone app using specifically using SIM 2 (on dial pad or recent calls screen), it ignores it and gives you the same SIM selection screen, forcing you to select SIM 2 again, or worse yet it will automatically select SIM 1 because of some routing rule that you defined. Phone apps often have a lot of in-app purchases and ads and glitches, none match the excellent standards set by Google's phone app.

The built-in phone app in OnePlus 3T has the confusing logic in that it will let you choose the default number for the contact in the first screen, and then it will let you choose the default SIM in the second screen -- but that isn't for the contact the second time, it's a global setting for the phone. It would be so much better if it did not give the option to set the default SIM at all. If I do this by mistake I will have to correct this by going into the Settings menus to fix this. There is no logical reason why the user would want to be given this opportunity to set the global default SIM with every phone call, and lose their dual SIM options until they dive into the Settings menus to revert.

To top it off, the SIM selection screen has the phone number displayed for the SIMs that you can choose from. The only problem is that not all SIMs will have the phone number recorded in the SIM, and it looks really strange when only one SIM has the phone number. So I finally worked out that the only way to show both numbers is to stick the affected SIM in an iPhone and edit the phone number on the SIM, and then put it back into the OnePlus!

This is my rant after OnePlus wasted my time (months) and money on apps (I spent as much on apps as their phone cases) with their poor dual SIM support. I can tolerate the setup now, but the entire dual SIM experience should never have been like this. Motorola really did get it phone app to 'just work', and this was the primary feature for me that switched me away from iPhone

I'm happy with the phone otherwise