Beware of covers, they will most likely damage your device. Pictures inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohma
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

sohma , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Well since the back of the opo is textured, it can retain the debris. I would say its a combination of that and poor finish on the case.

2. johnvarghese
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

3. saucy
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

saucy , Aug 4, 2014 :
    this is true.btw i do not think oneplus will do anything. it was the case..not the phone. thats what they will tell you most likely. youre sol

4. ExTanvy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2014

5. Francois0408
    Eclair Aug 4, 2014

Francois0408 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I concur!

6. vjuricic

vjuricic , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I do not see any serious problem here. Also I have blask back mobile phone and use cover purchased on ebay. It is Nokia N95 and cover left marks like little circles. Now to me it looks more cooler than before. It is different. Regarding your problem sorry to hear you have problem but why you did not buy original cover or some crystal TPU case cover. I am sure this will not happen than and your problem will not exist. Be aware OnePlus is not responsible for this and that your issue is usual issue with a lot of mobile phones and owners using cover bought from third parties. :)

7. disellusional

8. leol
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

leol , Aug 4, 2014 :
    True, when a company says they aren't making a profit, corners must be cut to save a few bucks here and there. That results in parts made by the lowest bidder. A fact most OPO worshippers never think of because they don't understand business. Nor should they have to.

Lack of profit is a huge incentive for the company to deny warranty help also. The ramifications are many.

9. eddyasmara82
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2014

10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 4, 2014

dsmonteiro , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Why are you tagging the admins when you used a non-official accessory?

The accessory is what stained the phone. The OPO is not to blame.

thepanttherlady likes this.
  11. thuho
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

12. jamesh1467
    Froyo Aug 4, 2014

13. Funzbob

Funzbob , Aug 4, 2014 :
    If it wasn't a 1+ case then I would say you are stuck with the red line.

If it was a 1+ case then I'm sad

14. sryan1987
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

sryan1987 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Just wait until you can buy another cover. Hey most phones don't even have that option. Just be glad you do. Be happy. Out your car back on and forget it.

15. Vensino
    Eclair Aug 4, 2014

Vensino , Aug 4, 2014 :
    the texture of the naked sandstone black is durable enough and keeps the phone thin. I guess the only real need for a case is to prevent dropping and screen damage, but otherwise I would highly suggest going case-less. Besides, they are only $29 to replace if you scuff one up. and not to mention the better look of no case > red/colorful plastic thingy over a well engineered phone

16. droidnerd
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

droidnerd , Aug 4, 2014 :
    There goes my wish for aftermarket covers :( Thanks for the heads up, hope you get a "Genuine" replacement cover when they are available ...

17. EmmaWATTson

EmmaWATTson , Aug 4, 2014 :
    The problem is that tehy painted the inside too.If the phone gets warm (which it does) the paint is most likely to stick to the grippy sandstone cover than the plastic of the actual case.Hope this helps the OP team.

thepanttherlady likes this.
  18. jerrah
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

jerrah , Aug 4, 2014 :
    So you want answers because a cheap eBay case ruined the back cover ? I don't see where this is opo's problem

Rick Manders and dsmonteiro like this.
  19. SteffenG
    KitKat Aug 4, 2014

SteffenG , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Well, maybe you should always use first party covers...I expected something like that with the sandstone cover!

20. JBCJackson

JBCJackson , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Aw sorry about that dude... Next time don't use a case! Use a tempered glass screen protector only :)