Beware Servify and OnePlus via OnePlus 8T

1. Cndnsnobrdr
    Donut Jun 16, 2021

Cndnsnobrdr , via OnePlus 8T , Jun 16, 2021 :
    Because I'm about ready to sell it and go to a completely different phone. After dealing with Servify and OnePlus, who are currently working very very hard trying to figure out how they're going to dig themselves out of the hole they dug, I never want to touch or look at a device from them again.

I received this 8T as a replacement for my 7T. Now as soon as I received my OnePlus 8T, I went to the OnePlus website to purchase a protection plan. and up until recently you couldn't buy protection plan without also purchasing a phone. And since this phone was not purchased, but rather given as a replacement, I was told that it did not qualify for any protection plan, because it was a replacement as per a protection plan. Nowhere in my protection plan, or any of the protection plans actually, does it state that if your phone is replaced by another phone, that you are unable to purchase a protection plan for that phone. does that make sense to anyone? I mean if it was in the protection plan, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on here. Every company is allowed their own rules and policies as to how to deal with service and replacements. To get a straight answer from either Servify or OnePlus has been nothing short of one of the most painful customer service experiences I have ever had. And I used to work in customer service.

One of the most recent emails that I received from them was that they could not find any reference in any of my emails that I was told that I could not purchase a protection plan for this phone, and because of that they were about to close the file. Fortunately I save everything, and was able to screenshot a picture of an email string where I was told, in no uncertain terms, that because of this device being a replacement I could not purchase a protection plan. That was 2 days ago.

I will say this, I have had nothing but good things to say about the phones themselves being awesome. My OnePlus 7t was the first device I owned from them, and I loved that phone. Just everything you could do with it, and I even was able to convince some other people to look into purchasing OnePlus devices. But now having dealt with both, Servify and OnePlus customer service, I'm not sure I ever want to get another phone from them again, free or not.

All I wanted to do was buy a protection plan for my 8T. That was three and a half months ago.

Apologies for the initial draft of this post, as I was using voice to text and not proof reading.

(edited by the moderator Cervantes)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2021

2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jun 16, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jun 16, 2021 :
    I've read this twice and still don't understand what you're trying to tell us. You might want to Che k what you've written, especially the not and cannots as some make absolutely no sense.

3. Cndnsnobrdr
    Donut Jun 16, 2021

Cndnsnobrdr , Jun 16, 2021 :
    Apologies hopefully the second draft is more clear. Also had two more cups of coffee so that may have helped

McJader and Bobbie63 like this.
  4. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jun 16, 2021

Thanks, it’s more clear now, except for the part:

“One of the most recent emails that I received from them was that they could not find any reference in any of my emails that I was told that I could not purchase a protection plan for this phone, and because of that they were about to close the file. Fortunately I save everything, and was able to screenshot a picture of an email string where I was told, in no uncertain terms, that because of this device being a replacement I could not purchase a protection plan. That was 2 days ago.”

this tells me they told you, that no protection plan can be purchased. Tbh, I can’t judge about the protection plan or the lack on information in the term of that plan as we don’t have this available in my country. However, I would imagine, even if your previous device was replaced, the same warranty terms under the initial protection plan would be valid (if your previous device had a protection plan).

However, I think it’s common that for the OP8T, no new protection plan can be purchased as it can be seen as “a repair under the term of warranty”.

5. Cndnsnobrdr
    Donut Jun 16, 2021

Cndnsnobrdr , Jun 16, 2021 :
    The plan that I purchased originally was for my OnePlus 7t, that doesn't do anything for my OnePlus 8t. I was told that I could not purchase a protection plan for my new device. The reasoning behind that, as far as they have claimed is because it was a replacement device. No more reasoning beyond that.

6. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jun 16, 2021

That’s what I tried to say, the 8T replaced the 7T, under warranty or in this case under the protection plan. It’s a “warranty” case, in this case your device wasn’t repaired but replaced, still the same though. If your OP7T got repaired, you neither would be able to get a new protection plan. That’s just how things work. It’s a choice, made by either Servify or OnePlus to replace instead of repair, the fact it’s a new device doesn’t change the warranty terms, nor the Servify terms.

Aaron2017 and McJader like this.