Big Camera Fail

1. MetalHead777
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2017

MetalHead777 , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Kid? Where are you from?
    And why do you need to insult me because I don't agree with you on LG. I said bad things about LG not you. What the hell is your problem. I'm dumb because I think they are shit? You can find anything in the internet to back up almost any claim.
    I think you are the kid that needs to grow up. Not everyone is always going to agree with you.

2. sane__
    Froyo Jun 26, 2017

sane__ , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Hey guys, don't get angry. We're not in the kindergarten here.

I'm NOT defending LG G4 nor I'm saying it's the better phone. Actually, it's a pretty bad phone by today's standards! I'm just showing that a phone that's 2 years old, marketed for it's "fashionable, leather back" is getting sharper photos than a phone that's marketed for "clearer photos".

I don't care that it's OP or LG or Motorola, I'm just pointing out the facts!

And LG does suck hard! They have a terrible bootloop bug, that made me search for a new phone, sadly I didn't find it in Oneplus 5 :)

3. Josmulnor
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2017

Josmulnor , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Worth the update?

4. MetalHead777
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2017

MetalHead777 , Jun 26, 2017 :
    https://www.cnet.com/topics/phones/best-phones/camera/
    LG not on the list jackass

5. AdX9170
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

AdX9170 , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Cover the secondary camera slowly once you're in 2x mode. You'll see it switching to the primary camera.

6. deepankarverma
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2017

deepankarverma , Jun 26, 2017 :
    This whole phone is failure, only a stupid will but Chinese copy,
    A big failure, Chinese copy, hypocrite op ditch phone in one year. What else u wana know more.

7. hailtotheking
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2017

hailtotheking , Jun 26, 2017 :
    No. You're dumb because you don't back up your beliefs with valid arguments. "They suck" isn't a valid argument. "Everyone knows they suck" isn't a valid argument either.

You demand people to show you LG G4 / G5 "real-life" camera experiences and then you say
    I think you need to re-evaluate your position.

I don't want people to agree with me. What I do want is people to explain me why I'm wrong.

Why? You want to buy me a beer? Come on over then, I'm sure we will take a good laugh.

Don't worry, I'm good. I enjoy a good debate. Mr. David Rosch is getting a little bit salty.

And again, you're proving me that I'm right about you.

Why are you showing me a list of 2017 actual flagships?

I argued with you about LG G4 and G5 being actually pretty good on camera department. You quickly turned into LG vs OP debate, calling LG fanboy, yadda yadda...

Actually, I never owned a LG phone.

sfomin likes this.
  8. HAWK3y3s93
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

9. Rebekah
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2017

Rebekah , Jun 26, 2017 :
    I was reading this thread and thought I'd jump up and take some snaps. It's really dark here, raining 10pm and I'm inside with no lights on.
    Here's 3 very quick pictures - no settings - all auto. I didn't even focus. My OnePlus 3 is on the left. My OnePlus 5 on the right. Both have boosted the low light up quite a lot but you can see the quality difference.

1498511518234.jpg

1498511518435.jpg

1498511518623.jpg

10. gavinfabl
    Eclair Jun 26, 2017

gavinfabl , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Thanks for all the feedback. You're have to be patient with me on replies as I have a real life and don't spend much time on the forums.

IMO if OnePlus as they have stated on the AMA that they will fix 4K to provide EIS, along with a few more tweaks, then I would be happy with the camera. I agree the post processing could be improved, but the end result is still enjoyable and as good if not better in several scenarios than other phones. On some modes it is down right embarrassing.

I was asked about which is the best camera on a phone. Everyone will have a different answer depending on what you snap more of and in what scenarios.

At the end of the day, you'll be better to improve your photo skills than spend another £500-700 on a phone with a better camera etc.

lordsauron910 likes this.
  11. margor80
    Froyo Jun 27, 2017

margor80 , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Poor camera quality in new OP5. My previous OP3 camera was 1000 times better than in OP5. Z I'm very disappointed.

12. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2017

waldwolf , Jun 27, 2017 :
    It's a decision only you can make.

Jimmy_leouf likes this.
  13. dpgx81
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2017

dpgx81 , Jun 27, 2017 :
    I've only had the chance to take a few pics so far with my OP5, but I'm not by any means disappointed. I have a number of other devices including an S8+ and IP7 Plus as well. I'm not saying it takes better shots than those phones, but the images I've taken aren't significantly worse by any means either. I'll post impressions after I have a chance to play with it in the daylight tomorrow.

sdp2391 likes this.
  14. snafu_
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

snafu_ , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Boy, I just received my OP5 today and I must say I'm very disappointed with the camera. I can't understand how OnePlus had the balls to proclaim how good the new camera is. It's a joke! I won't even get into the issue with the lack of OIS. I just did a quick comparison between the OP5 and my trusty OP3. Both shots were outside in shade and set for Auto HDR. The OP5 picture is pretty bad. Pixelated and the "watercolor" effect others have mentioned.
    I'm trying to decide if I should keep it in the hopes they fix this with an update or just send it back for a refund while I have the chance.

Here is the OP5 picture:
    http://ibb.co/eZTJq5
    (click on the image to see it in the native resolution)
    Here is the OP3 picture:
    http://ibb.co/h5npxk

15. ut2000
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2017

ut2000 , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Time to send that shit back.

JasonMR likes this.
  16. ut2000
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2017

ut2000 , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Sorry, but just because the 5 ups the saturation to make the pictures pop doesn't mean anything. I could probably make the pictures of the 3T look about the same as the 5 in photoshop. Overall, the quality seems to be the same.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-5-vs-oneplus-3t-how-good-is-the-new-camera.555986/

17. veda2810
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

veda2810 , Jun 27, 2017 :
    I'm a Oneplus fan... I've always loved the devices..... I own the OnePlus 2 and I ordered the op5 on the launch date in India.

I accept the fact that the images /focusing are much clearer on the op2... Especially low light... Moreover I've noticed that shutter sounds can not be muted despite the option in the settings.

Also the use of the telephoto is a hit or miss depending on the lighting conditions... (just talking about zoomed in photos not Potrait mode)

I hope there are some bug fixes for all the mentioned issues... I love the device and wouldn't want to give up on it.

I hope Oneplus is listening.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017

erickok755 likes this.
  18. LostBoyNZ
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

LostBoyNZ , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Thanks for the comparison, the OP5 camera definitely looks improved in your photos.

MetalHead777 likes this.
  19. G_Syed_Kamran_PTji
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

20. G_Syed_Kamran_PTji
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017