Biggest Pros and Cons of upgrading from OPO to OPT

1. agravic
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

agravic , Jul 28, 2015 :
    First of all, all things equal. Oneplus is doing something really special.

What phone right now that has these features for $389? C'mon, really. Which phone?

People will always complain about something but for it being equal to a $599 unlocked full featured phone is pretty damn good.

Pros: OIS!!!!! this was the main feature I wanted. 1080p screen.Don't need 2k 4k on a 5.5in screen. I'll take the 4K on a 70in home theater screen.

Con: Still same height and size. no NFC or fast charge 2.0. That's it. nothing else to complain about. $389. Try that samsung, LG, Apple. no way and even if they did, you'd be stuck with bloatware, some walled garden (apple) slow developer updates....

Overall, teasing it to be under $450 so that people would expect $449 and then announcing it was $389 was pretty cool. If they really wanted to make money, most marketing departments would say, "what's $10 bucks, make it $399" If Samsung or apple did this phone, it would be $700+

Stop complaining. Go make your own company and build a phone like this.

Count your blessings. Its not fake plastic metal edges like last OPO. It has OIS and a much better Camera, not a DSLR or some Sony RX100 but how much are those?. No other android phone has a mute switch with 3 positions, not even iphone. It doesn't have bloatware like LG or Samsung. Be glad it is affordable enough to buy this phone EVERY YEAR while everyone else buys a $700+ phone every two years. Sheesh.

There's no perfect phone. I can accept that. But Bravo OnePlus for being pretty different.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015

2. mohnish
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

mohnish , Jul 28, 2015 :
    First answer is xiaomi is making phones that have similar price.But I prefer one plus.Although it lacks this I don't understand why it is a dual sim phone most of the people use phones which are single sim.

shcxatter2 likes this.
  3. agravic
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

agravic , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Dual sim doesn't apply much to us Westerners. but who cares. If you don't have a 2nd sim, don't have to use it. but if you travel like some do, you can keep your home SIM card for emergency phone use for people that only have that number and put in a prepaid data card for international use. dual sim can be useful.

sharolynvicente likes this.
  4. agravic
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

agravic , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Xiaomi doesn't seem to have all the US LTE bands. correct me if I'm wrong, this OPT is a pretty worldwide phone. sorry sprint and verizon users.

5. mohanbabhu
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2015

agravic likes this.
  6. iMou
    Froyo Jul 28, 2015

iMou , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Good points. However I haven't yet decided if it is worth the upgrade when I got a perfectly functional OPO.

andyinthailand and agravic like this.
  7. Rossc01
    Froyo Jul 28, 2015

Rossc01 , Jul 28, 2015 :
    At first, I was a little bummed about no NFC but then thought that since I've had my OPO I've never used it once, neither did I use it on my previous Samsung's or Sony phones so no big loss, fast charge world have been nice, but at that price can you complain?

8. MichaelRefuerzo
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

agravic likes this.
  9. setoyu
    Froyo Jul 28, 2015

agravic likes this.
  10. eileen530
    Donut Jul 28, 2015

eileen530 , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I agree with the points. I guess some would prefer to have those features. It also depends if the features matters to them. It doesnt matter to me. For its features, I think OP did a good job with the pricing.

agravic likes this.
  11. enginius
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2015

enginius , Jul 28, 2015 :
    My Opinion...I luv to stick with CM....and OxygenOS is just like other Android ROMs

shcxatter2 and agravic like this.
  12. agravic
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

agravic , Jul 28, 2015 :
    CM is great. but they are busy supporting 100s of devices and their ultimate goal these days is to take android away from google. Thats what they want to do now that they have investors and need to find ways to make money. OPT is not 100% vanilla android. but the closest to it. If it was a $600 phone and you had to decide between LG, Samsung, Motorola, Sony. I'd still pick OP or motorola since least bloated OS.

If you really wanted 100% stock android, it wouldn't have support for that hardware 3 position alert/mute switch.

13. Baumoode
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

Baumoode , Jul 28, 2015 :
    The dual SIM and fingerprint scanner are great but I'd sooner have NFC support. Either way it's still ridiculously impressive, and for $389?! Holy shit.

jmorris20012001 likes this.
  14. TheoneNonly
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

agravic likes this.
  15. matthias4453
    Donut Jul 28, 2015

matthias4453 , Jul 28, 2015 :
    i liked the first hands on video from oneplus and the speed in every situation... just the unlock speed was that nice that i will buy it :D

i just like the design and the way oneplus goes with their products and thats another point why i will buy the Two :)

https://oneplus.net/invites?kolid=6J2A2

please guys use my link and i will use yours !

16. heyman88
    Donut Jul 28, 2015

heyman88 , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Sorry cannot catch up will all the news, can someone clarify no QC2.0 charger or phone cannot be quick charged at all even if we stick a QC2.0 charger into it? Thank you

17. agravic
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

agravic , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Better than $349 and $399. $326 and $387 would be weird too.

18. Jesse 95fernandes
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

Jesse 95fernandes , Jul 28, 2015 :
    NFC , No NFC, who cares? never did use it anyway.
    should've had expandable storage though.
    should've had faster charging and wireless charging too.
    but at the end, no complains! oneplus did a good job and i'm definitely looking forward for recieving the invite!

shcxatter2 and jmorris20012001 like this.
  19. bsumanthp
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2015

20. dachatwin
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2015

dachatwin , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I love my OPO, particularly with its new tempered glass screen protector - seriously smooth! - and the other accessories I got for it. But I'm already sold on the OP2. That price is unbelievable. And all those who are moaning about "No NFC", well maybe it's a big deal for you. I tried it out with my Samsung M2022W printer when I first got my OPO, thought 'That's clever!' and then NEVER USED IT AGAIN! Not once. I'm much more interested in the improved camera, screen brightness, alert selector switch, any-which-way USB 'C' connector, and style-swap covers. I shall be wearing my 'NEVER SETTLE' T-shirt with more pride than ever! :)

shcxatter2 and jmorris20012001 like this.