black crush, green tint and at times the screen flockers via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. L1515719479529
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020

L1515719479529 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 2, 2020 :
    hi,

this message if for oneplus team.
    My first OnePlus device was the one plus 5t.
    Absolutely amazing experience, that phone took all the load I put on it.
    Two down sides, camera was not up to the standard and no IP rating both of which were important to me.

So I made a jump to Samsung Galaxy S10.

Once the OnePlus 8 pro was announced, I was like that all I want and got this device. Now I regret this decision.
    I see green tint issue not only on low brightness, black crush issue and also the screen kind of flickers on certain black background while pulling the notification bar down.

My huge issue is that I purchased this phone in Sri Lanka where there is no official OnePlus store or after sale support and I am stuck with this flawed device.

Hope you guys can sort this issue.

Nitingup00 likes this.
  2. Neerajan
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 2, 2020 :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...aking-a-stand-post-review-experience.1266988/

Here is a thread, it seems like many users are experience similar issues. It could be a software problem, but I am not sure about it. I have been using my OnePlus 8 for a month now, haven't noticed any display issues.

Did the third party seller give you any warranty. If so, explain the issue to them and try to get a refund or replacement device, citing this as a "Manufacturing defect". Maybe try to contact OnePlus support. After all this is a user forum, we can only provide suggestions.

Cheers.

3. Himanshuchamoli
    Froyo Aug 2, 2020

4. Cheezburgers
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

Cheezburgers , Aug 2, 2020 :
    first off this isnt the support area so if you want actual support, contact oneplus.
    second, make sure you have the latest update because they've "fixed" the issue with updates.
    third, you should be able to return or replace the device under warranty by OnePlus