Black display but phone working

1. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2021

chris_wds , Nov 3, 2021 :
    Hi everyone, I have a OnePlus 7 but unfortunately yesterday evening the display instantly stopped working for no reason but the phone is working and I can feel it vibrating, and the touchscreen working.
    To explain everything I changed my screen during this summer in a reparation phone center (not an official OnePlus one) and like one month ago I had the exact same problem around 1 month ago but by miracle, I worked back again 1 or 2 days after but I started yesterday as I said to do the same for 2nd time.
    One thing I didn't mention but I don't know if it could be the reason is that before the phone had this problem, I had it on my shower (no judgment it was for music hahaha) and the phone was a bit wet and had maybe had some water drops but nothing serious and 1st time 10 min after, it stopped working and this time maybe like 1-2 hours after the phone started going black instantly for no reason while I was using it.
    I would like to make it working it back but without going to a repair center, is there anything i can do ?
    Can water or humidity be responsible for making the phone go black like this?
    I'm showing you in an attachment the inside of the phone as my screen glue is no more doing its job I don't know if it can help
    Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

puccellino likes this.
  2. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Nov 3, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Nov 3, 2021 :
    Black screen issue
    Please check your phone for any of the following situations, and refer to the corresponding solution:
    https://www.oneplus.in/support/answer/detail/op477

puccellino and Artemus like this.
  3. puccellino
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2021

puccellino , Nov 5, 2021 :
    From what you've written it sounds like some form of connection issue.

Is it possible for you to take it back to the person who applied the new screen......do they have some sort of guarantee in place?