Display Black screen of death except the notch area

1. F_Quan_Shing_Phung_kmdq
    Donut Dec 6, 2018

F_Quan_Shing_Phung_kmdq , Dec 6, 2018 :

1. Just bought the new OnePlus 6t and i only had it for 24 days. Today, while playing Pokemon go on it, the screen froze and turned off on its own. Since then, the screen won't turn back on and we can see a small display only around the notch area. The rest of the screen stays black and the onscreen touch does not work. The phone itself always had a case on and was never dropped or scratched once.
      We cannot do a hard shut down (holding down power and volume down button for 10-15secs). The phone can still ring and vibrate but there's no way to pick up the phone. Anyone else ever have this problem?
      Thank you received_432868253914267.jpeg

justinm_, kirgent and PrabhakaranC like this.
  2. PrabhakaranC
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2018

3. F_Quan_Shing_Phung_kmdq
    Donut Dec 6, 2018

Indeed :(
    What's even weirder is that the notch area stays on all the time, even when the phone should be off/black screen. I tried to do "gestures" and they still work. The screen stays black all the time however.

PrabhakaranC likes this.
  4. Easybucketz
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2018

Easybucketz , Dec 6, 2018 :
    I had the same thing happened to me. mine was just green line at the top. very weird. the replacement process pissed me off

5. F_Quan_Shing_Phung_kmdq
    Donut Dec 6, 2018

Were you able to do a backup? I can't transfer my files since the phone is locked. I can't even get a replacement since it is beyond the 15 days return/replacement warranty period.

6. Easybucketz
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2018

Easybucketz , Dec 6, 2018 :
    nope i couldn't I had to rely on the auto backup that was done the night before. I returned it and boughg another.. send it in still the phone is under warranty if you didn't crack it

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018

7. milan bajaj
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2018

milan bajaj , Dec 6, 2018 :
    I faced the same issue with my one+ 6.
    this happen when I was on call..they did replace the screen
    but what a waste of time.

8. vijay_lalwani
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2018

vijay_lalwani , Dec 6, 2018 :
    Just how many threads do you need to create?

Your solution is to do a hard reboot. If you can't, call customer care and they will help you through the process.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018

Wahoux and PrabhakaranC like this.
  9. JelleZon
    Lollipop Dec 6, 2018

10. F_Quan_Shing_Phung_kmdq
    Donut Dec 6, 2018

I posted it in the wrong thread by mistake, so I post it here instead. I did contact the support and they couldn't help. I was trying to do a hard reboot but couldn't. I finally managed by pressing power+vol up for 10 secs. Sorry if I offended you *geez*

PrabhakaranC likes this.
  11. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Dec 6, 2018

Hydra Bob , Dec 6, 2018 :
    Did the hard reboot resolve your issue?

12. F_Quan_Shing_Phung_kmdq
    Donut Dec 8, 2018

F_Quan_Shing_Phung_kmdq , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Yeah problem solved. It was just hard to reboot the device for some reason

13. Rahul_ymr_1plus
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2018

Rahul_ymr_1plus , Dec 8, 2018 :
    So nice to hear good news

PrabhakaranC likes this.
  14. _Loucif_Redjai_
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

15. Rhox66
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2018

Rhox66 , Dec 9, 2018 :
    This just happened to me while playing Pokemon Go. I did gestures to turn on flashlight and I was getting calls(but couldn't answer them). I even accidentally called 911... but the display wasn't working. I did not know how to hard reboot until I saw this thread

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018

16. justinm_
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2019

justinm_ , Mar 4, 2019 :
    I have the same problem, i was just on pokemon go and this happened! I can't turn the phone off by holding the power button either! I've held it for 3 mins and it doesn't go off! I tried taking a screenshot and the capture sound played so i know the phone is responding but its just stuck like this?

Attached Files: