2. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jul 13, 2019

YRJ , Jul 13, 2019 :
    You were right!

the_o2 likes this.
  3. Abhi Dahiya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2019

Abhi Dahiya , Jul 13, 2019 :
    I am an Indian and even i have been saying this for long on this forum. Majority of Indian users will ask whatever they can.
    Every bloatware, every shit app, they want in their device -> Dedicated music player, dedicated video player, all kinds of preloaded custom fonts, preloaded security apps/cleaners, preloaded full fledged themes, and whatever else you can think and throw in there, Indian users will ask for it.

Enthusiast users(users from earlier times) of OnePlus in India hate all this bloatware. It's just that as OnePlus is getting more and more popular, many users from other brands, accustomed to every bloat possible are coming to OnePlus and now they want all that mess in OxygenOS too.

Yeah right, so that we sensible users in India who love the cleanliness of the OxygenOS have no other choice but to move to Samsung, Xiaomi etc. because at the end of the day if i have to use bloated OS, i would rather go to brands with superior hardware or the ones which are more value for money.

Indian users are now getting even more bloat in OxygenOS with Pie iteration. And those features are lying dormant even in international OnePlus devices, just not activated and visible on surface.

Just a few days ago Szymon from OnePlus was on an Indian Youtubers' channel (GeekyRanjit) and gloating how many India specific bloat features they have already added and will be adding more in the immediate future.

OnePlus enthusiasts loved is long Dead.

PS - One specific disadvantage of all this bloat is already visible. The more bloated the skin, the more time, efforts and work it needs. In the race to add more bloat, OnePlus has forgotten how to make bug free stable updates.

3/3T are on extremely buggy Pie update with no solution visible in near term, 6/6T recently got updates that brought new bugs, 7/7 Pro have had extremely buggy ROMs from day one - Phantom touches, freezes, random shutdowns etc etc. there are so many bugs still that list will be endless.

RIP OnePlus!
    In a few months i will be buying a new phone. And if OnePlus continues on the same path, i think my next purchase will be Galaxy Note 10.

4. jquest71
    Eclair Jul 16, 2019

jquest71 , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Just my $.02, but something to consider. According to this website:

https://www.statista.com/statistics...r-of-netflix-streaming-subscribers-worldwide/

Netflix has more than 148 million subscribers world wide. I'm one of them...with a family plan and the 4K service for my TV. That's a lot of people, so to me this isn't as egregious a sin as some phone manufacturers who stuff their phones with their own versions of apps as well as apps from the carrier you bought your phone from. My Galaxy Note 9 has the full suite of Samsung apps, and I can't delete a single one of them easily. It also came with a Bixby button that to me is useless. I can disable these apps and turn off the notification, but they will continue to be updated and take up space on my phone, even though I prefer to use Google's messages, calendar, and gmail app. My phone came with Verizon messages and Samsung messages...both of which were not that good. Anyways, to me, putting Netflix on the phone could be a selling point, especially if it ensures you can watch the content in HDR. I'm definitely not an Android developer so whether or not they could have implemented HDR playback without making it part of the system software is something I can't comment on. BTW my OP 7 Pro has been ordered and is on the way, hopefully I'll like OOS more than One UI.

--J

5. Ake Winther
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2019

Ake Winther , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Interesting discussion ...
    The Times They Are A-changin'. In the good ol days ...
    Isn't all this leading up to rooting and custom roms?
    It's still a darn good phone and OS, compared to the competition, at least from my perspective; iphone and samsung

6. Intruder71
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2019

Intruder71 , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Some of us use our phones for sensitive apps so root isn't an option.. I bought my phone knowing it's features etc unlike most and was happy with it, then the Indians came spamming the hell out of the forums for crappy features and here we are, bloated phones that are slowing down more almost by the month as more and more useless crap is added..

Ake Winther likes this.
  7. Android450
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

Android450 , Jul 16, 2019 :
    My brother is using the 3 on Pie with no issues
    My dad's using my old 6T no issues with his usage he can probably last 3 days
    And I'm using the 7 pro thankfully no issues.

It really comes down to a person to person basis. What they have installed what services they allow to run ect.

Out of all my time on this forum it has become clear to me that many users around here will just activate any feature (whether app or OS) willy nilly, and freak out as soon as their devices start to bug out.

Now of course there are exceptions, as with anything like poor @Bobbie63 having battery problems on his 3. But of course he's Mr. Dirty flasher since the second community pie build :p

Bobbie63 and Intruder71 like this.
  8. Ake Winther
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2019

Ake Winther , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Fair enough:sunglasses:

9. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

Bobbie63 , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Just want to show my solidarity. :D

Android450 likes this.
  10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

Bobbie63 , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Here's me flashing:

BrilliantInfamousDeinonychus-small.gif

Android450 likes this.
  11. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 16, 2019

Funk Wizard , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Moderator Notice: Thread Cleaned

Please do not make any regional comments. If you think a question is repetitive or irrelevant please do not answer it or generalize your answer based upon a region or community.

OnePlus is not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on the forum.

We also have Ignore user option, use that if needed or report the post and let the Moderators deal with the comment.

Thank you for your consideration,
    Funk Wizard
    Forum Moderator

Horsault likes this.
  12. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jul 16, 2019 :
    So what you're saying is, there are approximately 7.6 billion people who don't have Netflix subscriptions, and they should bend over for the 2% of the population who do?

Just to be clear - I love Netflix, and I think what's happening to them right now is a tragedy. They're losing their catalogue left, right & centre to greedy studios who are going to fragment the shit out of the market by setting up their own boutiques while expecting us all to subscribe to 12 different services.

End result? Piracy rates will slowly start to escalate again because people can't pay for what they want in a nice, easy, convenient fashion.

Probably time to renew my NordVPN sub.

Mr. BG, Bobbie63 and theshinybeast like this.
  13. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

Mr. BG , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Funk, don't get me wrong, but, what the [BLEEP] is that supposed to mean?

Can't talk about shitty dutch weather? o_O

theshinybeast and Funk Wizard like this.
  14. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 16, 2019

Funk Wizard , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Haha... No that was about generalizing the comments from Indian community. I cant share the exact stats with you but I can say for every 10 phones that are manufactured 6 are sold in India so you can expect incomming from Indian users which the other forum users don't understand as they don't understand the figures.

Mr. BG likes this.
  15. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

Mr. BG , Jul 16, 2019 :
    You really know how to kill a joke... :p

16. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

theshinybeast , Jul 16, 2019 :
    No one cares about anything Dutch, so no offence can be taken. It's such a small region of Belgium after all:rolleyes:

Mr. BG and toastytoast1234 like this.
  17. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 17, 2019

Android450 likes this.
  18. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 17, 2019

theshinybeast and Bobbie63 like this.
  19. Intruder71
    Lollipop Jul 17, 2019

Intruder71 , Jul 17, 2019 :
    It's like Brexit leavers didn't know what we were voting for... 6 out of 10 doesn't sound right to me ask apple and Samsung who are having to make cheaper / old phones for the market, so it could be as high as you say but only for low to midrange phones... And like it or not the MAIN reason OOS is not the OS it was is due to Indian users demands, I don't see a problem stating facts.. Even Indians agree lol

20. jquest71
    Eclair Jul 17, 2019

jquest71 , Jul 17, 2019 :
    And this just showed up on The Verge. Probably the biggest reason Netflix is hard-baked into OOS...

"After giving it a test run in a few countries earlier this year, Netflix has confirmed it will officially introduce a new plan that only lets customers stream content on a mobile device. The plan, set to launch in India during the third quarter, will be priced lower than the company’s existing subscriptions."

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/17/20698367/netflix-mobile-only-streaming-plan-confirmed-india