[BLOG ALERT] OnePlus 9 Series Launch Reactions

1. John J Moss Jr , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 4, 2021 :
    The selfie camera is so different

2. QuintonClark , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Have you tried using the camera in Pro mode?

otto2 likes this.
  3. brian.sedore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2021

brian.sedore , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 4, 2021 :
    That's unfortunate. Whenever you get it, I'd be interested to read your take on it. Enjoy!

meatandy likes this.
  4. QuintonClark , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Apr 4, 2021 :
    I've tried out an app called "Transparent clock and weather - forecast and radar" from the Play store. The developer is MACHAPP Software. The app alone is great but the widgets provide so much detailed info regarding weather. And there's even an option to show your phone's temperature, current RAM and storage, etc.

northbay5566 likes this.
  5. KaranRIyer
    KitKat Apr 4, 2021

KaranRIyer , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Well you finally got the watch 🙂🙂. Haha was it pre meditated now @Leo X.? 🤔😉

northbay5566 and Antonio_Luis like this.
  6. KaranRIyer
    KitKat Apr 4, 2021

otto2 likes this.
  7. Mondkalb
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2021

Mondkalb , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Reading some of your responses and also reading / watching the reviews of the OP9(pro), I feel disappointed.
    I thought it might finally be an actual upgrade to my beloved OnePlus 6, though there's nothing pushing me to it.
    Only the fact that OnePlus is root- and developer friendly is the main reason to stay for me. said:
    Basically there're three points which would restore the 'awesomeness' of OnePlus again for many (old and new) users : said:
    1. Focus on things customers actually want.
    Broken down across all recent devices, the things to look at for improval are:
    - Better camera performance, especially the post processing. The hardware itself is already pretty good!
    - Longer and more transparent Update process/period. Samsung already grants 3 years for example. Keep the community fed with information about the status/progress of updates!
    - Better battery life. Preferably bigger with less aggressive app background killing. Slightly more weight won't be a sacrifice.
    2. Get back to the unsettled flagship killers.
    Dont just copy what others have. Take it, push it a little bit further! If there's the same hardware from another brand for lower prices, won't result in much new purchases.
    3. Get rid of 'Upgrade' models after half a year.
    Instead, take the time to solve the obstacles of the above mentioned points. It will surely pay off to have an 'finished' device and won't give the users the feeling of being slightly 'out dated' after such a short time. Instead a new and noticeable better device after a full year would be a way better upgrade for many people.
    Just my two cents.

8. northbay5566

otto2 and QuintonClark like this.
  9. northbay5566

otto2 likes this.
  10. Antonio_Luis

Antonio_Luis , Apr 4, 2021 :
    I wish. I honestly got lucky with that contest. I was gonna post about a belt. Lol.

otto2, KaranRIyer and northbay5566 like this.
  11. ReeseB
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2021

ReeseB , via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G , Apr 4, 2021 :
    I think the 9 is great mostly, I was most excited for SD888 and the superior displays oneplus uses. The camera seems to be good, im on the fence to call it great though. I was really hoping for an uninterrupted display though. I thought you guys had it with the 7 pro and 7t Pro. I still say the popup is king. Still, speed, design and software make the 9 a massive player though.

13. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

Tobikage , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Get the DM though ?

By the time I get mine , probably everything will be out of stock here. :p

Caoimhín, drl431 and northbay5566 like this.
  14. rayprayas03

15. abhibnl

abhibnl , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Getting "color science" from Hasselblad while using same sensors from Sony is a pure wastage of budget and customers have to bear the cost of this partnership that nobody asked for, and even if we assume it happened to improve things, I don't know how much I trust the color science. I wish it could have been a hardware collaboration.
    Anyhow, I'd rather buy a Samsung device for the money you are asking for 9 Pro.

satanmolka and CAMGZ13 like this.
  16. MMuralidhar
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2021

MMuralidhar , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Except the hype and increase in price nothing I can see , same old . I was also successful to stopping purchasing 9 by couple of friends

CAMGZ13 likes this.
  17. Royal_RJ

R1616196719501 and CAMGZ13 like this.
  18. AndroidManiac
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2021

AndroidManiac , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 4, 2021 :
    8 pro is 600 dollars of at the 1+ store... But even that is $1027
    Yeah overpriced but imagine they can still make money with 600 dollars less???? The profits must be massive for each device... I'm done paying not than 600 in the first place ever again... Paid 700 for this 7T just after market release cause I got off used from someone who paid 1300 for it and didn't like it (lol).
    The 9 pro is $1693 and that's both insane and ludicrous. that's 1.55 dollars a day every day for three years of software support
    yeah... hard pass. thanks. nice device though

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021

xXAstroXx and QuintonClark like this.