[BLOG ALERT] The Impact of COVID-19 on Smartphone Behavior by OneLab

1. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 4, 2021

Adam Krisko , Mar 4, 2021 :
    BlogHeader.jpg

By all accounts, last year was a tough one. So many things changed, but one thing was certain; the time spent on our mobile devices was greater than ever.

OneLab, our US-based research branch here at OnePlus, was interested in just what had changed. When they started looking at what caught our attention while we were all in lockdown, they found quite a few interesting insights about the apps we all used and how we used them.

The new blog post is listed here. Do you agree? Why? Let us know below!

*****PS: coming soontm, I’ll have an interview set up with a community member and the major players in 1LAB. Explaining just what is going on here and how they plan on changing the WORLD... mwahaha! jk, they are actually really cool and looking to help discover and create really fun things with our users. ********

2. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Mar 4, 2021

TibiTibi , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Things were changed; significantly.
    👍 The blog is really close to the reality.

3. devourerOfBits80
    Gingerbread Mar 4, 2021

devourerOfBits80 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Very interesting post. 😁 OnePlus team works better and more as ever, so it is March already and almost all OP devices still don't have update to Oxygen OS 11. 😂😂😂 Google has released Android 12 DP, but OnePlus can't release OOS11. Really great work man! 😁😁😁

Moreover, OnePlus 7T Pro as a flagship device waits a year and a half for the first fu**ing major update, so I think that glorification and good words about OnePlus in this place is really cheeky. I really hate the OP marketing hype, because it is without any shame.

4. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 4, 2021

Adam Krisko , Mar 4, 2021 :
    I appreciate your feedback and understand how you feel. My device is still sitting and waiting for an update too.

But this post isn't about what software your device is using. This is about the study of what happened over the last year and what we can learn about device usage in the future. If you have any more specific feedback about what was in the blog, please feel free to discuss it here. If you have more issues with the update cadence and are a NA OnePlus user, feel free to DM me as this thread isn't the proper place to discuss that topic.

5. ParamK.
    Moderator Moderator Mar 5, 2021

ParamK. , Mar 5, 2021 :
    Very nice read talking about the consequences of Covid on our lives.

6. ayemei
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2021

ayemei , Mar 5, 2021 :
    The pandemic has definitely changed our everyday lives. It forced my company to use more remote conferences (email, video meetings, etc). Which I don't mind, I just have to make sure my dogs won't bark during the meetings. 😄😄

7. SRD.
    Lollipop Mar 5, 2021

Cheetosdust likes this.
  9. khan1992
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2021

M1582247303427 likes this.
  10. Pravin2999
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2021

11. McJader
    Lollipop Mar 5, 2021

McJader , Mar 5, 2021 :
    Thanks for the Blog, Adam. Covid has changed EVERYTHING, whether we like it or not.
    Should be an interesting read

Cheetosdust likes this.
  12. Junjun Baccay
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2021

13. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Mar 5, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Mar 5, 2021 :
    The findings/observations of 1LAB - The user needs to :

1.Stay Connected
    2.Stay Informed
    3.Stay Healthy
    4.Be Entertained
    5.Keep Learning

Absolutely true👌, and these are the things that most of us were doing during the lock down.

A nice read, Thanks for bringing this up @Adam Krisko. 👍👍

MRTLima likes this.
  15. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Mar 5, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 5, 2021 :
    Covid showed alternative ways to different thing's like remote working, schooling, focus on health & fitness, improve ourselves,be more grateful for what we have , and most importantly to update ourselves according to the latest change! Smartphone time increased but instead of just media consumption many also tried to learn new things from internet! What irritated me the most was our teachers use to show us videos from youtube during lecture but when covid happened they weren't able to properly form a setup to express their views from distance ,they weren't having proper tripod,camera,net connectivity to deliver effective lecture! They didn't learn anything from YouTubers all these years about having a how to have a proper setup to make the content interesting! They were using cheap hacks like using cloth hanger , tying rope to phones to focus the camera on notebook..etc there's lot to improvement.they lacked knowledge about latest technology ! When I told them to use stylus instead of mouse for writing like 2nd grade child they said we don't know what it is !
    Biggest drawback in covid was, due to increased screen on time whether on laptop or smartphone the small kids gots specs and those already having specs got increment in their eye no.

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  16. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Mar 5, 2021

17. Adam@OnePlus
    Froyo Mar 5, 2021

Adam@OnePlus , via OnePlus 8T , Mar 5, 2021 :
    Very interesting. I hadn't really considered the positives until now.

The fitness aspect in particular is something I hope people will maintain even as restrictions are lifted. Also, I have a fresh appreciation for educators, but also in my partners ability to educate our son. We have been far more involved in his learning which has been healthy for all of us.

The ability to video call was never something I much cared for but has obviously become an essential part of everyday life. Our smartphones and laptops have helped us learn, relax, entertain ourselves, order supplies and everything in between.

Cheetosdust likes this.
  18. mmohansasanka
    Froyo Mar 5, 2021

19. Antonio_Luis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2021

20. G_plusone
    Nougat Mar 5, 2021