Network/Connectivity Bluetooth Audio Connection to Car is BROKEN

1. agerberi
    Donut Feb 15, 2017

agerberi , Feb 15, 2017 :
    I just purchased OP3T in Feb 2017 and it disconnects from my car randomly. Have had other phones paired to the same car flawlessly with 0 issues for 2.5 years.

Strangely phone call audio comes through sometimes even though media doesn't .... Resetting the phone and power cycling the car does not always fix it... Very intermittent issue.

On my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 there was an awesome little menu that said "Audio Source" in the notifications bar which made it extremely clear where outgoing audio should play when an external device was connected (i.e. headphones, bluetooth speaker, bluetooth car audio, etc.)

I have never set up my device on other cars / other profiles, even no other headsets etc. Just the one car. So there is no potential profile/connection conflicts within my OP3T software.

Phone is totally unusable with this bug- I rely heavily on media player and phone audio in my car for business and this is a terrible bug, needs to be fixed ASAP. I am returning the device this week unfortunately because I can't deal with these random bugs. "Flagship Killer" is NOT accurate with these problems.

KHolmes22, Mac_2206, Kdonkey and 2 others like this.
  2. johnbevan79
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2017

johnbevan79 , Feb 15, 2017 :
    This is a known issue with Bluetooth in car on Nougat.

I have the same with a BMW, Honor 8 on Nougat works no issue - OnePlus 3T connects for phone calls, but media shows "no title" with no sound, but I can skip tracks using the car!

They must be working on this. For me it also rendered the device unusable, until I downgraded to 3.5.4 - which works better.

Downgrading however requires you to unlock the bootloader and wipe the device - which is a painful process!

toutski and agerberi like this.
  3. G_Emmanuel_Galván_NyoI
    Eclair Feb 15, 2017

4. Gangam_vishu
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2017

5. agerberi
    Donut Feb 15, 2017

agerberi , Feb 15, 2017 :
    Yes also for me it is a BMW. Same deal- phone shows as "connected" but no audio comes through. Audio plays through the device speakers instead.

OOS version 4.0.3

toutski likes this.
  6. toutski
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2017

toutski , Feb 21, 2017 :
    Same here with a BMW, worked fine until the last upgrade.

Phone calls work but audio never plays, however can seem to skip tracks. Tried un-pairing multiple times and resetting network.

Frustrating.

7. reylimo
    Gingerbread Feb 21, 2017

8. jlgeniz
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2017

jlgeniz , Feb 28, 2017 :
    Hi,
    The same problem with Nougat + OP3T + Bluetooth Audio Carlos, any advice about It?
    thanks you so much
    JLS

9. Kdonkey
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2017

Kdonkey , Feb 28, 2017 :
    Same: Nougat 7.0 / OOS 4.0.3 + OP3T 128GB + Toyota Touch and Go 2. Would love an update on this.

10. simmondp
    Froyo Feb 28, 2017

simmondp , Feb 28, 2017 :
    Ditto; The Bluetooth on the OP3 seems to be a little buggy full stop, but especially with Ford Sync.
    I've also found the needs to reboot the phone when the BT stops syncing.

11. rp2pilot
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2017

rp2pilot , Mar 1, 2017 :
    Yep, same problem here , 2015 BMW 3 Series, Bluetooth audio (music) has no volume even though it's connected. Worked on 4.0.2, not so on 4.0.3.

12. TheBlack_Swordsman
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2017

TheBlack_Swordsman , Mar 1, 2017 :
    Just posting again, can't pair with Civic Si 2009.

I heard you can try safe mode to pair. I haven't given this solution a try yet.

13. KHolmes22
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2017

KHolmes22 , Mar 7, 2017 :
    Same problem. I have a '08 mazda cx-9 and it will connect for my contacts to transfer information to my car but my phone audio dose not work. I can manually try and check the box to turn it on and it just reverts back to being unchecked. I have even paired and unpaired my phone numerous times. Any one know what the issue is?

14. jonshanks
    Donut Mar 7, 2017

jonshanks , Mar 7, 2017 :
    I have not seen this problem with my OP3T in my Subaru. I wonder if it has to do with the combination of OS 4.0.3 and certain car's BT version. I had a problem with my Samsung GS6 and my Subaru once in a while, but since getting my OP3T I have had no problems.

15. Pauladev
    Eclair Mar 25, 2017

Pauladev , Mar 25, 2017 :
    I rely on Bluetooth for my car (Ford) sync, a Withings Activité watch, and a Veho speaker. On all of these I have had problems since a recent update, I guess to Nougat. Ford Sync does not recognise the phone, nor does the Veho Bluetooth speaker, and the BLE connection to the watch is intermittent and often requires the OP3 to be rebooted before it will connect.
    Further if I turn Bluetooth off by the pull down quick menu, it won't turn back on unless I reboot.
    Has Oneplus or Nougat done something to how Bluetooth works recently. I hope mails such as this are read by Oneplus and they do something urgent to sort it, as it appears to be widespread. I would rather change my phone than my car!

16. katy.barraud
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2017

17. F_Jorge_Tendeiro_vfZh
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2017

18. lsd2k
    Donut Apr 11, 2017

lsd2k , Apr 11, 2017 :
    If you can set on your car bt PIN to 0000 it will help you to resolve this issue.

19. edy90s
    Honeycomb Apr 11, 2017

20. You29ef
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2017

You29ef , Apr 11, 2017 :
    Do you have a Kenwood AV receiver?