Bluetooth Audio on OnePlus 7 pro not good.

1. Dhaval Shishodia
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2019

Dhaval Shishodia , Jun 29, 2019 :
    I recently bought the almighty Op7pro, but there seems to be no option to completely shut the EQ or ATMOS enhancement down.
    And I am not liking how my music is sounding with any and all combination of setting available in OP7pro. If I just reset all the settings to default the music is too flat. If I tweak the EQ, it's good for some songs but trash for others.
    I was using same BT headphones, Bluedio UFO U+, and music player, Amazon Music, on my OP6 and everything just worked like a charm.

I urge OnePlus to give an option to completely kill these EQ and ATMOS enhancements. My music is just trash at this point in time.

2. NYanakiev7
    Eclair Jun 30, 2019

3. Ever7p
    Froyo Jul 1, 2019

Ever7p , Jul 1, 2019 :
    If you go into your BT device settings there is a switch for HD audio (usually) try toggling it. Also I will say getting the same sound signature you are used to on a new device is sometimes impossible.

Dhaval Shishodia likes this.
  4. Dhaval Shishodia
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

Dhaval Shishodia , Jul 1, 2019 :
    That option is not available in my case. A similar audio signature is not actually the issue, the issue is that the output in the OP7pro's case is not good at all it's flat, and make all my BT devices sound trash. So far I have tried it on my Bluedio UFO, Noise Shots X5, Bose Soundlink Revolve, and a friend's Bose QC 36 or 35 (can't recollect).

5. NYanakiev7
    Eclair Jul 1, 2019

NYanakiev7 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    There is a switch for HD audio and it's on. Sound is still really, really, really low.

6. siddartha.ps
    Froyo Jul 1, 2019

siddartha.ps , Jul 1, 2019 :
    I completely agree on this. The Bluetooth sound output is not great. Whenever I increase the volume; the volume/loudness increase is not uniform at all. Say if I am increasing the volume from 50% to 60% the loudness increases way too much and kind of sounds as though the volume increased by more than 20% instead of 10%.
    This needs to be fixed.

7. Ever7p
    Froyo Jul 1, 2019

Ever7p , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Personally I prefer a flat sound signature. I listen to a lot of rock and metal music. Extra bass sometimes muddles drum hits or bass lines.

8. Ever7p
    Froyo Jul 1, 2019

Ever7p , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Try going into Developer Options and Disable Absolute Volume. Might help with the loudness issue.

siddartha. ps likes this.
  9. siddartha.ps
    Froyo Jul 1, 2019

Ever7p

Try going into Developer Options and Disable Absolute Volume. Might help with the loudness issue.​

Have just done this setting.. Let me test and see if it really helps and makes a difference.

10. siddartha.ps
    Froyo Jul 1, 2019

Tried this. Made the loudness and clarity very low. Hope one plus looks into these Bluetooth audio issues and fixes it.

11. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Jul 1, 2019

12. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 1, 2019

KeepTransisting , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Have you installed the Sony Headphones Connect app? It has a really good EQ

Swejuggalo likes this.
  13. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Jul 1, 2019

Swejuggalo , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Ah. Forgot about that function in the app. Have that one installed. Some other brands might have different options I guess. That app I linked was one of the few that could handle all sound regardless of wire,speakers or bluetooth last time I had to use one.
    So try a brand specific app first would be a good suggestion

I don't really like to use an equalizer. But I didn't want to pay too much for bluetooth headphones. The day I can buy bluetooth headset that beats my my AKG k812 and Hugo DAC would be the day hell turns into ice [e]1f609[/e]

14. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Jul 2, 2019

Swejuggalo , Jul 2, 2019 :

KeepTransisting

Have you installed the Sony Headphones Connect app? It has a really good EQ​

Lowering Clear Bass to around -6 seems to make the sound much more enjoyable for me. Have had 3 different Sony headphones in the past. These are the first ones with that app.
    The bad thing is that it disables LDAC if I change anything in EQ and Clear Bass... Suddenly SBC

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019

15. Ever7p
    Froyo Jul 3, 2019

Ever7p , Jul 3, 2019 :
    I also want to mention the audio is mostly fine for me. (BT can only be so good.) but loudness, control and not being able to change media volume without having something playing is an issue for me.

16. lviatour
    Donut Jul 4, 2019

lviatour , Jul 4, 2019 :
    One Plus thank you for adding the equalizer on the 7 pro.
    In my car in bluethoot mode. The sound is really worse than my previous 6. I can not personalize the sound as I want while with the equalizer it worked very well.

17. hugopijl
    Donut Aug 2, 2019

hugopijl , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Same problem here. Haven't used my headphones in a while, so I don't know if the last update messed things up, but immediately after putting on some music, I noticed the quality was mediocre. At first I thought my headphones (proper sounding Sony WH-900N, costing €200) were malfunctioning and considered sending it in for warranty.

Now I just bought wireless earbuds and they also sound like trash on my OP7 Pro. Both my earbuds and headphones sound fine on my 2015 Macbook Pro. I've tried to mess with the bluetooth settings but without any improvements. Mids and high don't sound clear, treble sounds off, bass is present but it sounds like it comes from old blown up speakers. I'd love to see an update addressing bluetooth.

Something else regarding audio: long press volume up --> next track, long press volume down --> previous track. Anyone else who misses this convenient feature from the OnePlus One?

X1571242646796 likes this.
  18. DonDerham
    Eclair Aug 2, 2019

DonDerham , Aug 2, 2019 :
    I've connected to a variety of Bluetooth devices and not noticed any volume issues. Now all of my devices (Amazon Echo, Google Home Mini, cheap speaker and a cheap Bluetooth headphone dongle) are older Bluetooth 4.0. I wonder if it's Bluetooth 5 devices that have this issue?

While I'm at it: is there any real advantage of connecting my phone to a device that's got the latest Bluetooth?

19. bilal_h19
    Eclair Aug 2, 2019

bilal_h19 , Aug 2, 2019 :
    yeah I hope they add support for wireless air pods like on the OnePlus 6T
    there are no more eq options for it

20. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Aug 2, 2019

Swejuggalo , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Here is some info that you might find interesting.

https://www.amarinfotech.com/differences-comparisons-bluetooth-5-vs-4-2.html

In short, battery life, distance, bandwidth. But what also matters is what the device(s) support in regards to codec. Apt-X, SBC, LDAC.

The problems some may have is enforced sound modification despite having turned everything off in Dolby atmos.
    Some other solutions is that the problematic gear needs a fix with the existing Bluetooth profiles stored in the phone.
    I can only advice about using the feedback tool and describe the issue and provide logs replicating issues or atleast being connected to the problematic device during recording logs.

DonDerham likes this.